Parking up for winter

Mickydripin

My van will be parked up for the winter apart for a trip in late December and I have been looking at all the advice on what to do to protect it,

Yesterday I went into my van and I decided to remove the glass bowl filter in line before the main water filter and it was full of water I think that I have had a narrow escape as it could have easiley froze and cracked without me knowing it had happend and a flood would have been imminant when filling the tanks after winter.

I followed all the advice I blew out all the taps and took the van for a run turned the pump on when clear and thought all was OK so have a look at yours and make sure the filter bowl is empty.

I may be telling all you old hands how to suck eggs but if there are any newbys out there check now.

One question I would like to ask is should I remove the main filter on the pump to check that for water retention or will that be OK.

Mike

We were caught out by the glass bowl on the water system the first winter we had a motorhome; so good timely warning!  We now always empty this out manually as suggested.  They don't tell you about these things do they, another good reason for checking in on this forum for useful tips.

Archived