ACSI Cards 2013

Keith T

Have just belatedly been catching up the CC Magazines and noticed that they will be 'selling' the 2013 Acsi cards.It will be intersting to see oif they are the same price as available direct form the Uk publishers, and if they will include the 'free' Camping Carnet.....or will we still have to buy the book at an inflated price, then addiitonal pay for the Carnet!

Just renewed mine directly with ACSI and received confirmation:

"CampingCard ACSI - English edition 2013, subscription price € 9,95, postage costs € 2,00

Less than €12 (£9.60) - how does this compare with Vicarious and CC?

Not sure if it includes the Carnet this year. Info should be on their website.

http://www.campingcard.co.uk/gb/en/europe/

Ordered ours from Vicarious Books too. I obtained the free carnet last year from ACSI, but no-one wanted to accept it as they wanted my ACSI membership card. Did anyone give out their carnet card? Wont bother with one this year, unless it is free again.

We were asked for a carnet or passport at one or two campsites last year out of around twelve campsites visited in five countries. I would not think it would need to be renewed anually unless your personal details change.

It was useful not having to get the passports out of the hidy place at every campsite we stopped at just in case they asked for them..

Used the carnet at all our campsites during our holidays in France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany this Summer. We even got £5 off our October holiday in Wales. We were never asked for passports or 2012 ACSI membership card.

ACSI membership is probably the best value around for off season motorhoming.

ChrisB - 2012-11-11 7:12 PM

"CampingCard ACSI - English edition 2013, subscription price € 9,95, postage costs € 2,00

Camping and Caravan Club £15.50 inc del

Vicariuos Books £15.00 inc del

Camping Card International (£13.89 (€1.22 = £1.00) Actual €16.95 inc del or €12.95 if you subscribe and use annual Direct Debit

We also order or card from ACSI direct at the cheaper rate. Last year we went on C&cc rallies and they insisted we ordered their carnet card when we booked, cost additional £10. The card was useful giving us 10% discount at stellplatz which were not acsi sites. We have had confirmation from ACSI that neew card / book will be delivered befiore Christmas at same price, €9.95, as last year and sure this will include cci card. Will not bopther with C&CC rallies this year as all rally sites are in ACSI book

Bob

Visited a few campsites in France and Spain last year taking advantage of the ACSI scheme. Only one campsite asked for any ID at all (apart from the discount card) Camping Arnatueille asked for passports. proffered my Camping Carnet, no good she said it must be passport.

So, no use having it, even if it was free. *-)

ChrisB - 2012-11-11 7:12 PM

I also have a direct subscription (€9.95) and expect delivery in early December. Have had an email from them to say the Club ID card will indeed be foc again this year and they will contact the people already registered within 2 months of expiry to renew their cards for 2013.

As it expires 31.12.2012 am expecting to be contacted anytime now!

Mike

Cliffy - 2012-11-11 9:43 PM

We were asked for a carnet or passport at one or two campsites last year out of around twelve campsites visited in five countries. I would not think it would need to be renewed anually unless your personal details change.

It was useful not having to get the passports out of the hidy place at every campsite we stopped at just in case they asked for them..

Cliffy we dont bother with the ACSI book as we only used a couple of their sites and we were disappointed.

What we do get is the Camping Card International from either of the clubs it costs just over £5 , that is what we show instead of our passports and its readily excepted, sometimes retained until we leave, which is much preferable to handing over our passports.

Just a thought. As ACSI ask for payment by direct debit what are the possible implications of voluntarily giving your bank details to an entity outside the UK were you to have the misfortune to be victim of some form of bank fraud at a later date. I have no idea if there is some form of EU directive covering this but i'm sure some of the sites wise men will know.I have never read all the small print related to my bank account but I bet the bank have!

Part Time - 2012-11-12 8:46 PM

Just a thought. As ACSI ask for payment by direct debit what are the possible implications of voluntarily giving your bank details to an entity outside the UK were you to have the misfortune to be victim of some form of bank fraud at a later date. I have no idea if there is some form of EU directive covering this but i'm sure some of the sites wise men will know.I have never read all the small print related to my bank account but I bet the bank have!

What?

Seriously?

You can cancel Direct Debits at ANY TIME. They are under YOUR control, not the Payees. This is the 21st Century.

Do not save money if you don't want to.

HSBC, quoted on BBC news (if you can trust them) as being UKs largest bank, does it not stand for Hongkong, Shanghi, Banking, Corporation! so whats wrong with giving your banking details to an entity outside the UK! Some of our Power Companies in the UK are owned by the Spanish and if you are with them, and pay by direct debit, they have your banking details. ACSI card and books are great, and the free, last year, ID is most useful.

HSBC is headquartered in London and is as such a UK bank. It changed domicile as a result of the 1997 handover as well as its desire to purchase a number of smaller banks around the world. All the other companies mentioned have UK arms and as such can be brought inside the UK fiscal and legal framework, something ACSI do not have. None of this however is relavant to my original comment which queried the possibility of third party Fraud and did not suggest ACSI would be the perpetrators only that a bank might use your willingness to provide details overseas as a reason to hold you responsible and get out of paying compensation. Far fetched because of course our banks are so fair minded aren't they?

(please feel free to ignore this load of waffle!!) :-(

Part Time - 2012-11-13 9:11 PM

HSBC is headquartered in London and is as such a UK bank. It changed domicile as a result of the 1997 handover as well as its desire to purchase a number of smaller banks around the world. All the other companies mentioned have UK arms and as such can be brought inside the UK fiscal and legal framework, something ACSI do not have. None of this however is relavant to my original comment which queried the possibility of third party Fraud and did not suggest ACSI would be the perpetrators only that a bank might use your willingness to provide details overseas as a reason to hold you responsible and get out of paying compensation. Far fetched because of course our banks are so fair minded aren't they?

(please feel free to ignore this load of waffle!!) :-(

Soz - but it is indeed waffle.

You're confusing Investment Banks and Retail Banks; and you need to read the guarantees that come with the UK Retail banking Direct Debit system.

Archived