Old vehicles & trucks to be banned from Paris Streets

laimeduck

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2012-11-14 11:18 PM

OK, You win Jeremy, its yours :-D

Dave

Can the rest of country have the same level of tax money spent on us now? >:-)........

Although not subject to the Barnett Formula, there are significant variations in identifiable spending between the regions of England.

North East £8,177 - 111% of UK average identifiable expenditure

North West £7,798 - 106%

Yorkshire and Humberside £7,188 - 98%

East Midlands £6,491 - 88%

West Midlands £7,065 - 96%

Eastern £6,144 - 83%

***London £8,404 - 114%***

South East £6,304 - 86%

South West £6,677 - 91%

Just be a little bit cautious, boys and girls, I booked the van in to have 4 new tyres fitted and had to reverse back onto a busy roundabout when confronted by the dreaded green sign near where I live. Another point may be the Paris ring roads that go quite near the centre, especially if your'e using GPS and miss a turn.

AGD

Just be a little bit cautious, boys and girls, I booked the van in to have 4 new tyres fitted and had to reverse back onto a busy roundabout when confronted by the dreaded green sign near where I live. Another point may be the Paris ring roads that go quite near the centre, especially if your'e using GPS and miss a turn.

AGD

laimeduck - 2012-11-14 10:56 PM

Sorry I disagree with all of you about London.

It is the most vibrant, enjoyable city in the world bar none. Yes it's big, yes it can be dirty, yes it can be intimidating, but it is exciting, admirable, exhilarating, educational, inspiring and by & large safe.

If you don't like it, well that's just too bad , you are loosing out.

I love it!

:-D :-D

I couldn't help but notice that your 'location' is down as South Oxfordshire' Jeremy ? could it be a case of 'love from afar'. London (or Paris come to that) probably does look 'Vibrant' etc., etc., IF you don't ACTUALLY have to live there. and put up with all the very high living costs and STUPID 'Green' laws that make living there a 'pain in the backside'.

It's ALL yours, Enjoy. Ray

Jeremy, I think we should count ourselves lucky at the moment. I hope our transport muppet's don't latch on to this Dutch proposal.

After the Dutch elections this year, on September 12th, a new government as been presented today (Oct 29th) and they presented their new plans for the next 4yrs. Unfortunately there is bad news for Dutch classic car and Oldtimer-fans: the exemptions for the road taxes for classic cars has been banned by the new government ! In the Netherlands owners of cars have to pay a monthly fee for using the roads. The road tax in Holland are one of the highest in Europe: the average petrol car pays about eur40,- per month and a diesel or LPG car pays an average eur 100 a month. Dutch fuel prices are also one of the highest of European countries: at the moment for 95 petrol it is eur 1.85 per liter an eur 1.55 per liter for diesel and eur 0.85 per liter for LPG.

The new government's ban on the exemption means that Classic cars will have to pay monthly or quarterly or yearly, The new government (with right-wing V.V.D. and left-wing Pvda) declared that the taxes will come in force from 2014 and that they made the change due to Environmental Considerations (sic) It will most likely take a lot of classic cars off the road which in turn will put workers who are directly involved with the classic car scene out of work.

Over here in the UK, the classic car scene is worth about £5 billion a year with a fair bit of that going to the economy one way or the other.

I have 2 classic cars, a 1984 Jag owned with my son 50/50, and a 1973 Triumph TR6 (mine) so I pay full road tax on both because they miss the 1972 cut off date, so I would love the idea of paying monthly or quarterly an especially if the period's can be mixed, but not at the Dutch prices.

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2012-11-15 4:25 PM

Jeremy, I think we should count ourselves lucky at the moment. I hope our transport muppet's don't latch on to this Dutch proposal.

After the Dutch elections this year, on September 12th, a new government as been presented today (Oct 29th) and they presented their new plans for the next 4yrs. Unfortunately there is bad news for Dutch classic car and Oldtimer-fans: the exemptions for the road taxes for classic cars has been banned by the new government ! In the Netherlands owners of cars have to pay a monthly fee for using the roads. The road tax in Holland are one of the highest in Europe: the average petrol car pays about eur40,- per month and a diesel or LPG car pays an average eur 100 a month. Dutch fuel prices are also one of the highest of European countries: at the moment for 95 petrol it is eur 1.85 per liter an eur 1.55 per liter for diesel and eur 0.85 per liter for LPG.

The new government's ban on the exemption means that Classic cars will have to pay monthly or quarterly or yearly, The new government (with right-wing V.V.D. and left-wing Pvda) declared that the taxes will come in force from 2014 and that they made the change due to Environmental Considerations (sic) It will most likely take a lot of classic cars off the road which in turn will put workers who are directly involved with the classic car scene out of work.

Over here in the UK, the classic car scene is worth about £5 billion a year with a fair bit of that going to the economy one way or the other.

I have 2 classic cars, a 1984 Jag owned with my son 50/50, and a 1973 Triumph TR6 (mine) so I pay full road tax on both because they miss the 1972 cut off date, so I would love the idea of paying monthly or quarterly an especially if the period's can be mixed, but not at the Dutch prices.

Dave

Typical of "government". anything to "rip off" the populous. Tax on Oxygen (air) not too long off then. Don`t let the Lib Dems find out about this one!!! Or it will be on the cards over here next!!

pete

Archived