Nothing (directly) to do with Murvi

HymerVan

JudgeMental - 2012-11-16 7:58 PM

I obviously saw that but you always criticise in this sly manner..with your get out of jail comment at end after the rudeness.

...mind your own business?

Not sure what you consider " rude " that I have said.

As for your comment " ... mind your own business ? " I can only say that I have always taken this to be an open forum where anyone can join in.

Maybe that is not your view - we will just have to agree to disagree on that.

Guest JudgeMental
malc d - 2012-11-16 8:14 PM

I obviously saw that but you always criticise in this sly manner..with your get out of jail comment at end after the rudeness.

As for your comment " ... mind your own business ? " I can only say that I have always taken this to be an open forum where anyone can join in.

but when I say what I have to say, I am not talking to little Englanders who constantly complain about buying in Europe and then drive around in Japanese cars?

even if campers assembled here, the base vehicle from Europa along with the majority of the content ....So what is so wrong with buying from Europe, saving money, with less risk..Your home probably the only true British product you own..

Dave Newell - 2012-11-16 1:05 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-11-16 11:20 AM

Excellent post Lawrence! Have stopped looking in on other thread days ago....Terms and slow build a disaster waiting to happen.. Poor business model entirely responsible for situations like this arising

and as for the numpty willing to put down 100% I do wish there was an "ignore" button to filter out the drivel.

Its such a poor business model they've only managed to stay in business for a mere thirty years!

D.

I think the present MURVI company is not the original one,that went down the pan some years ago

MURVI was originallylocated at Newton Abbot, the present company was established in 1995 and is based in Ivybridge.

Dave Newell - 2012-11-16 1:05 PM

Excellent post Lawrence! Have stopped looking in on other thread days ago....Terms and slow build a disaster waiting to happen.. Poor business model entirely responsible for situations like this arising

and as for the numpty willing to put down 100% I do wish there was an "ignore" button to filter out the drivel.

Its such a poor business model they've only managed to stay in business for a mere thirty years!

D.

I think the present MURVI company is not the original one,that went down the pan some years ago

JudgeMental - 2012-11-16 9:48 PM

malc d - 2012-11-16 8:14 PM

but when I say what I have to say, I am not talking to little Englanders who constantly complain about buying in Europe and then drive around in Japanese cars?

even if campers assembled here, the base vehicle from Europa along with the majority of the content ....So what is so wrong with buying from Europe, saving money, with less risk..Your home probably the only true British product you own..

You miss the point entirely. It does not mater who owns the company or where the base vehicle or fridge is made. If the vehicle is made in the UK it provides jobs for British workers which is just what we need at the moment and helps the balance of payments. Don't forget that the bulk of those British made cars finish up being exported. We should help support and encourage these firms to do more and more in the UK for the benifit of all of us, you included!

Think of it if we all deliberately bought products made in the UK then more would be made in the UK. Common sense really and nothing to do with being little Englanders.

Colin Leake - 2012-11-16 11:05 PM

You miss the point entirely. It does not mater who owns the company or where the base vehicle or fridge is made. If the vehicle is made in the UK it provides jobs for British workers which is just what we need at the moment and helps the balance of payments.

It doesn't matter where a motorhome is made it will STILL provide work for British workers ... namely the dealers' workshops! Their staff, and other companies in the service and repair business, will end up fixing all the bl**dy problems that the manufacturer hasn't bothered to rectify or done properly in the first place! *-) (Or second, or third place in the case of my Accent's decals!!!!! 8-) ).

JudgeMental - 2012-11-16 3:13 PM

Bulletguy - 2012-11-16 2:53 PM

Excellent post Lawrence! Have stopped looking in on other thread days ago....

Well there's another 'disaster' to get your teeth into. :-D

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=29547&posts=2

Must admit i'm left asking myself why, when someone spends quite a large amount of money on a new motorhome........it comes out like a pile of crap!

Ha ha ha

I have no interest, as not forthcoming with detail, so useless to other members, so a pointless exercise...

Dont believe the hype - buy from stock only - avoid salesman and the patter like the plaque - do your OWN research and homework - no large deposits to firms without the confidence to buy base vehicles to build on - no long lead times - follow this advise and you will be far better served.

want a top class panel van: La Strada and Westphalia. amd others

want to spend less and get decent quality : Possl. Globecar.Hymer. Adria and many others

I'v never had any of those problems JM.

Every vehicle i've owned has...and always will be.....secondhand! :-D

By far the best way to buy as long as you know what you're doing. Some cars I bought from various auctions and got myself some brilliant bargains, though car auctions are not a place for the indecisive or faint hearted. Certainly you need to know everything there is to know about the model type you are bidding on. A knowledge of how auctions function also helps....there are still the eye twitchers, and nose rubbers etc, (usually dealers hiking up the price of their own car), so it's useful to get to know who they are.

MURVI were certainly just outside Ashprington near Totnes in 68-9. From 1972 onwards I have lived in the Newton Abbot working there until 1998 as a constable. I am reasonably certain they were not based in Newton or its immediate area. Small businesses do fail and re-emerge and I make no claim to a continious knowledge of MURVI

However Newton was home for a while to Devon before they went to the North East and also Bariban who hav been out of business for many years. Could there be some confusion as a result.

Like George Collings I can remember MURVI from 30 years back or more. They used to advertise in the Sunday Times Supplements and may have been featured in an article theere. I recall reading that the acronym MURVI stood for :-

M ulti

U se

R ecreational

V ehIcle.

I cannot say what is the relationship between the current company operating the business and any former persons who may have operated a business under the MURVI name.

Accounts filed for the year ended 31st December 2011 and other information can be seen at Companies House using the following link :-

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/2c490f91ee9f490d9c7a943465b401aa/wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

Guest Peter James

Have stopped looking in on other thread days ago.....

And yet you are still posting on it. *-)

Archived