Camper Park in Peniscola

Mike B.

Guest Peter James
PJay - 2012-11-17 6:28 PM

Have not stayed there, but seen others there, down by the fishing port. We always stay in El Eden, as we don't often use aries

PJay

Several motorhomes were parked by the fishing port last year (very pretty and castle worth a visit) but the police moved us off at 8pm - no overnight parking allowed, so we moved to a car park in the town.

There are a couple of small campsites about a mile along the seafont northbound, 100metres back from the seafront.

Not stayed there personally but passed it on the way in to Benicarlo. It is set back from the promenade in Peniscola but handily placed for a visit. To my recollection there was a charge per night around 8 euros for basic facilities. There is now no overnight parking on the port although you will see motorhomes parked in the day. We stay at Camping Eden an acsi site 16 euros per night and is very popular with the Dutch and Germans with quite a lot of Brits. It is very handy for the town and the castle stands magnificently on the headland. Peniscola is well worth a few days on the way home. If you have bicycles you can cycle all along the promenade down to Benicarlo.

Hope this helps

There are two Aires at Peniscola, both close to each other, have called in  to see friends but not stayed on them, we used to overnight at the fishing port but I know that has been stopped now, great area to visit, lovely beach and Castle  ,which featured in the film EL CID.

We stayed there in February 2011 on way to Morocco. It's on the road behind the hotels that are along the front/prom. If I remember the there is also a coach park on the same site. It's a good cycle ride along the prom towards the castle. As you get to the square in front of the castle there are several good restaurants. Good place for Sunday lunch as lots of locals seem to eat there.

H

Guest JudgeMental
Love the town, was there years ago with friends during a summer festival, best fireworks I have ever seen..My friend went in with the bulls (they build a large stockade on beach) and became known as the " Ze Mad Englishmen" when we went in a bar everybody would cheer him..atmosphere was wonderful and we drank on his infamy for days! :D

JudgeMental - 2012-11-18 7:23 PM

Love the town, was there years ago with friends during a summer festival, best fireworks I have ever seen..My friend went in with the bulls (they build a large stockade on beach) and became known as the " Ze Mad Englishmen" when we went in a bar everybody would cheer him..atmosphere was wonderful and we drank on his infamy for days! :D

Infamy, infamy.........they've all got it infamy......(Kenneth Williams, I think).

Guest JudgeMental
bolero boy - 2012-11-19 7:34 AM

JudgeMental - 2012-11-18 7:23 PM

Infamy, infamy.........they've all got it infamy......(Kenneth Williams, I think).

Carry on Cleo:-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvs4bOMv5Xw

There is motorhome parking/aire about 3km away .

Camping Vizmar has a section for motorhomes overnighting (it is also an ACSI site). The campsite entrance isn't so good for large vehicles. The entrance on the side road is better and you can choose a pitch more in the open if you prefer. There is also electric for the aire type section.

GPS: N40* 23' 32" E0* 24' 25"

We found There was also another camper stop further along the road.

894351505_214Vizmar2.jpg.a4301f1ea6bb7d2ecac38f030c728805.jpg

On Camping Eden at the moment, a few vacant pitches. If you want to wild camp there is a new parking lot at the back of Camping Eden. Talked to Brit yesterday who has been on for 4 days but said officially only 48 hours allowed. Saw the police moving a motorhome off the sea front today where 2 years ago there were 6 or so vans. The camper stop up the road toward Benecarlo has closed by the look of it, went there and it was an overgrown jungle!!

If you go a little further down the coast to Benicassim then you can camp on the car park just 50m back from the beach..... we stayed there about a month ago for a night and it was great.

I'm not sure about in season as I think they may try to move people on, but when we arrived there were 2 vans and then one left, leaving just the two of us for the night.

The Guardia went by but ignored us so out of season is fine. Its just a huge carpark, gravel and relatively flat.

Very quiet, and well worth a look with a Consum supermarket just around the corner and a Lidl and Mercadona within easy walking distance, and FREE!!!!

N40.048803 E0.06588

vindiboy - 2012-11-17 10:00 PM

There are two Aires at Peniscola, both close to each other, have called in  to see friends but not stayed on them, we used to overnight at the fishing port but I know that has been stopped now, great area to visit, lovely beach and Castle  ,which featured in the film EL CID.

These 2 aires are now closed passed them in Sept. this year (2012)

Las Moreras 40.390010 0.410220 and La Mersera (behind the Hotel) 40.397870 0.413320

La Volta camping ( 40.398770 0.3995970 ) is good as previous post only 6€ in winter

Not seen the one on the sea front cant see it being available for too long though.

Brian

Archived