INSURANCE - Non UK Licence ( eu/ecc)

Lochburn

Hi

What is wrong with the motor home insurers in the UK ??

I have a Norwegian driving license , lived in the UK for 12 years , had several cars ( no problems with insurance ), no claims for all these years plus over 15 years in Norway.. Bought my LHD Benimar in July and after studying recommendations from various sites including this Forum , I began contacting the insurance companies/brokers for a quote.

Surprise , surprise .... No one wanted to touch me with an iron bar since I was a foreigner, except SAGA which was great.

I could change my license without any problem from Norwegian to UK, but then if I want a new car/motor home insurance they ask me how long I have held the UK license .... If answering 6 months...... what a premium....

Is this discrimination or not ??

>:-)

Lochburn - 2012-11-18 6:03 PM

Hi

What is wrong with the motor home insurers in the UK ??

I have a Norwegian driving license , lived in the UK for 12 years , had several cars ( no problems with insurance ), no claims for all these years plus over 15 years in Norway.. Bought my LHD Benimar in July and after studying recommendations from various sites including this Forum , I began contacting the insurance companies/brokers for a quote.

Surprise , surprise .... No one wanted to touch me with an iron bar since I was a foreigner, except SAGA which was great.

I could change my license without any problem from Norwegian to UK, but then if I want a new car/motor home insurance they ask me how long I have held the UK license .... If answering 6 months...... what a premium....

Is this discrimination or not ??

>:-)

Welcome to the forum.

YES it is discrimination.

( Just wait til you try to get travel insurance if you ever have any medical conditions ! )

Good luck with your quest.

;-)

Archived