Radio Adjustment

Pete-B

Hi,

I've got a 2012 Ducato and one annoying thing is, the radio switches off after 15 minutes when parked up.

I read somewhere where it's possible, through the menu, to adjust this so that it stays on permanently when required. There's nothing in the book that shows this facility.

spospe - 2012-11-21 4:35 PM

I don't think that there is a menu item to fix this, but if you look at the December issue of MMM, on page 162, there is an article on how to rewire the radio to achieve this effect.

Sorry Michael, but the fix you mention is said to be for the 1994 - 2006 Ducato, whereas the Ducato in question is a 2012. Not familiar with the differences, but believe the way the radio switch off is controlled is different on the newer vans. I think Diamond Dave (the Rave) Newell has mentioned this in the past.

Sorry Michael, but the fix you mention is said to be for the 1994 - 2006 Ducato, whereas the Ducato in question is a 2012. Not familiar with the differences, but believe the way the radio switch off is controlled is different on the newer vans. I think Diamond Dave (the Rave) Newell has mentioned this in the past.

Quite right Brian, I did not notice the date. It's good to see not only a fix, but a fix offering a choice of times; a definite improvement

Do not attempt this before asking expert advice, but when I was having a new aerial fitted, the fitter sorted my radio cut off in about two minutes..

I believe that there are two wires supplying power to car radios, onr is the main supply, which cuts off after 20 minutes. The other is the memory wire, that saves all your radio settings when it is turned off.. My fitter cut and taped up the main feed, and then connected the memory feed to the main wire from the radio. It has been working perfectly for two years now. Don't forget to switch the radio off manually though!

I've actually done this myself over the years with older, much cheaper vehicles, but did not want to try it with my present, rather more valuable van!

I did this 'Fix' to my 2005 Peugeot cabbed van, but be aware that altering the wiring, means that the radio (the standard fit 'Blaupunkt' one anyway) will stay on Standby (you can see a slight orange 'glow' from the set, and it is always warm to the touch.) thereby slowly flattening any battery attached to it, whether it be the vehicle battery (disaster, no start !) or the leisure battery, maybye not so disasterous but a nuisance. The Newer way with the 2010 + Euro 5 X250's, is much better, by program, increasing the shutdown time to 'camper'. I was also able to switch off those 'infernal' daytime driving lights, by accessing the onboard computer. Now if only i could shut off the seatbelt warning buzzers as well. (evidently only the dealer can do that ! ). Ray

Archived