What Do You Do When You Get There?

Paul M Who

There are two kinds of "there" on our trips...

There are the "there's" where we stop to sleep (and maybe have our evening meal). These "there's" can be anything from posh campsites to carparks, but usually something in between. It really doesn't matter, as we're only "there" to sleep. Occasionally we don't even know what our overnight place is like until morning, because we didn't get "there" til it was dark!

Then there are the "theres" where there's some attraction, activity, or person we want to spend time seeing/doing/meeting. These "theres" (and of course the travelling itself) are what our journeys are really about, and are very often only "during-the-day" stops.

But that's just the kind of trip WE both enjoy - what do we know?

Oh, and anyone who thinks POOR people stay on campsites should take another look at the tariffs!

Paul M Who - 2012-11-23 10:08 PM

If we make it this far with time to spare then it on to Lake Maggiore

Have a think about fitting in Lake Como instead, the main road on west side of Lake Maggiore is very busy 24/7 which IMO makes some of the towns most unpleasent. Como is much quieter.

colin - 2012-11-24 7:37 AM
Paul M Who - 2012-11-23 10:08 PM

If we make it this far with time to spare then it on to Lake Maggiore

Have a think about fitting in Lake Como instead, the main road on west side of Lake Maggiore is very busy 24/7 which IMO makes some of the towns most unpleasant. Como is much quieter.

Como is beautiful. And we've been there before. It's namesake is literally a couple of kilometres from where I sit and write this post - one of the reasons we originally visited the place.

But it's too far out of the way as we will be taking the SS33 over the Simplon Pass.

kelly58 - 2012-11-23 9:53 PM

Turn on the gas make a coffee get some biscuits and then sit and watch the French / Dutch / Germans try and park where they can get a satellite reception , its like watching come dancing motorhome style.

Yes I've seen this too, this year in Florence at Camping Michelangelo. I laughed so much I actually spilled the coffee all over the floor.

Archived