Queen looks at a motorhome

AliB

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tracker - 2012-11-23 3:32 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-11-23 3:26 PM

Mods! Mods! It is back!

I am shocked and appalled by my namesakes behaviours...Tractor please ignore it..

Schizophrenia is a terrible affliction JM - and I should know - why not pop back to broadmoor and see if the nice man in a white coat has still got your favourite jacket - the straight one.

Just to let you know that I am a reasonable geezer and I won't be offended by you or your double whilst you are suffering from this terrible delusion - poor chap!!

Anyone who thinks a PVC is better than a Coachbuilt has to be suffering from terrible delusions!

Your right he must be.

Colin Leake - 2012-11-23 7:54 PM

Anyone who thinks a PVC is better than a Coachbuilt has to be suffering from terrible delusions!

Your right he must be.

Oi! I've got a PVC now!!!! 8-) I DO think it is better than a coachbuilt

... for us at present that is! :-D

pelmetman - 2012-11-23 5:13 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-11-23 3:23 PM

"Due to anti-German sentiment in the United Kingdom during World War I, George V of the United Kingdom changed the name of his branch from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to Windsor in 1917"

They also renamed German Shepherds as Alsatians *-)..............I guess that Joe public were either thick or gullible back then :-S..................mind you we had improved ;-)........ as we hung a monkey in the Napoleonic war for being a spy 8-)

First bred in Germany in late 19C, at which time, post Franco-Prussian war, Alsace and Lorraine were in part annexed by Germany.

Alsace-Lorraine was returned to France at the end of WW1.

The dogs' intelligence and temperament had made it of value so, to protect the breed from post war antagonism toward anything associated with Germany, the UK Kennel Club re-named it the Alsatian Wolf Dog. This was later abbreviated to just Alsatian.

So, on the same basis, any offers for a new name for Pelmetman? :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2012-11-24 5:17 PM

pelmetman - 2012-11-24 5:02 PM

Brian Kirby - 2012-11-24 4:51 PM

So, on the same basis, any offers for a new name for Pelmetman? :-D

Pouffeman :D

Disallowed! I said on the same basis, and no one asked the German Shepherd what its new name should be, so you can't play! :D

*-)..............I lead a dogs life on here 8-)

Mel B - 2012-11-23 8:02 PM

Colin Leake - 2012-11-23 7:54 PM

Your right he must be.

Oi! I've got a PVC now!!!! 8-) I DO think it is better than a coachbuilt

... for us at present that is! :-D

To be honest I'm very open minded re PVC/coachbuilds. We are in the coach built camp at the moment because the advantages in use to us at the moment are greater than those of a PVC on road advantages. However I can quite see the day when we are less mobile on our pins (I'm in my early 70s) we may well downsize to a PVC which we can take out to visit places we can no longer walk too. Each to his own I say even those with RVs!

Any thing you do is fine by me. You do after all at least give the impression of being sain.

Coach built, PVC, caravan, 5er whatever takes your fancy. Everyone to their own. We had a PVC and now have a coach built as the layout suits us for our needs. I would be happy to go back to a PVC if we decide to change again as long as its layout suits our needs.

:-D

I was just about to agree with Hallii, maggyd, gwyn, Mel B, and maybe others, re Peter James' avatar but have noticed that in fact he has changed it. Thank you Peter. I am a Royalist but would have found that picture unpleasant whoever's face you had put on it. It reminded me of why I always hated Arthur Askey, other comedians of his ilk and teenage boys who resort to toilet humour. As the majority of objectors are female perhaps this is a male inclination which definitely lowers the tone.

I liked you in your blue shirt Peter :-D

Patricia - 2012-11-24 8:51 PM

I was just about to agree with Hallii, maggyd, gwyn, Mel B, and maybe others, re Peter James' avatar but have noticed that in fact he has changed it. Thank you Peter. I am a Royalist but would have found that picture unpleasant whoever's face you had put on it. It reminded me of why I always hated Arthur Askey, other comedians of his ilk and teenage boys who resort to toilet humour. As the majority of objectors are female perhaps this is a male inclination which definitely lowers the tone.

I liked you in your blue shirt Peter :-D

I think you're mixing your 'Peters' up ... just plain 'Peter' is the one who had a blue shirt, last time I looked he had a sniggering pussy cat. :-S

Brian Kirby - 2012-11-24 4:51 PM...The dogs' intelligence and temperament had made it of value so, to protect the breed from post war antagonism toward anything associated with Germany, the UK Kennel Club re-named it the Alsatian Wolf Dog. This was later abbreviated to just Alsatian.So, on the same basis, any offers for a new name for Pelmetman? :-D

Like the Alsatian, and for similar post-war antagonism reasons, it's already been done: the original user was known as 'helmutspam'.

Guest pelmetman
crinklystarfish - 2012-11-25 9:14 AM
Brian Kirby - 2012-11-24 4:51 PM...The dogs' intelligence and temperament had made it of value so, to protect the breed from post war antagonism toward anything associated with Germany, the UK Kennel Club re-named it the Alsatian Wolf Dog. This was later abbreviated to just Alsatian.So, on the same basis, any offers for a new name for Pelmetman? :-D

Like the Alsatian, and for similar post-war antagonism reasons, it's already been done: the original user was known as 'helmutspam'.
As Brian rightly said due to my intelligence and temperament;-)..............I should be protected from post thread antagonism :D

Brian Kirby - 2012-11-24 4:51 PM

pelmetman - 2012-11-23 5:13 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-11-23 3:23 PM

"Due to anti-German sentiment in the United Kingdom during World War I, George V of the United Kingdom changed the name of his branch from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to Windsor in 1917"

They also renamed German Shepherds as Alsatians *-)..............I guess that Joe public were either thick or gullible back then :-S..................mind you we had improved ;-)........ as we hung a monkey in the Napoleonic war for being a spy 8-)

First bred in Germany in late 19C, at which time, post Franco-Prussian war, Alsace and Lorraine were in part annexed by Germany.

Alsace-Lorraine was returned to France at the end of WW1.

The dogs' intelligence and temperament had made it of value so, to protect the breed from post war antagonism toward anything associated with Germany, the UK Kennel Club re-named it the Alsatian Wolf Dog. This was later abbreviated to just Alsatian.

:-D

The Alsatian (as it was known) did not appear in numbers in the UK until the late 1930's. The present GSD has changed out of all recognition and many could not do a days work nowadays, due to bad breeding.

This is all very jolly but really the link between HRH and the German Shepherd dog is a bit tenuous.

HRH's German roots extend back to George 1 ( The start of the Hanoverian line to which HRH still belongs) who was bought in as 'King' despite being only 56th in line to the UK throne but it seemed as if the rest of the royals preferred their R.C religion to the UK throne.

More reading here:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Shepherd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_I_of_Great_Britain

flicka - 2012-11-24 11:43 PM

Am I mistaken, but it looks like Her Majesty is travelling in the rear lounge, which doesn't have Seat Belts.

Naughty, naughty.

AFAIK she only travelled 200yds from one part of the site to another so didn't go on any public roads, besides which I don't believe the Queen HAS to legally wear a seat belt does she? :-S

Guest Peter James
Mel B - 2012-11-26 12:23 AM

I don't believe the Queen HAS to legally wear a seat belt does she? :-S

Not sure about seat belts but the elected government has often had to exempt the unelected head of state from legislation in order for her to allow it through into law. One such example is the Employment Protection Act (which deals with unfair dismissal etc) Barbara Castle said they had to exempt the Queens staff from it in order for the Queen to allow it.

Don't let anybody tell you she hasn't got power. The unelected Queen has the power to over ride the elected government, and has done so several times. There is just an unwritten agreement that she doesn't use that power as long as things are going her way.

PS: another example. When Edward Heath lost the election he spent 2 days unsuccessfully trying to form an alliance with the Liberals to keep Harold Wilson out. Although the elected Harold Wilson had won the election he was kept out of power (for 2 days) because the unelected Queen kept him out. That is real power.

Peter James - 2012-11-26 8:21 AM

Mel B - 2012-11-26 12:23 AM

I don't believe the Queen HAS to legally wear a seat belt does she? :-S

Not sure about seat belts but the elected government has often had to exempt the unelected head of state from legislation in order for her to allow it through into law. One such example is the Employment Protection Act (which deals with unfair dismissal etc) Barbara Castle said they had to exempt the Queens staff from it in order for the Queen to allow it.

Don't let anybody tell you she hasn't got power. The unelected Queen has the power to over ride the elected government, and has done so several times. There is just an unwritten agreement that she doesn't use that power as long as things are going her way.

PS: another example. When Edward Heath lost the election he spent 2 days unsuccessfully trying to form an alliance with the Liberals to keep Harold Wilson out. Although the elected Harold Wilson had won the election he was kept out of power (for 2 days) because the unelected Queen kept him out. That is real power.

Wish she had the power to change your record , seems to me nearly all your posts have some dig at the " unelected " Queen . Yawn .

Guest Peter James
antony1969 - 2012-11-26 10:30 AM

Wish she had the power to change your record , seems to me nearly all your posts have some dig at the " unelected " Queen . Yawn .

Look at the thread title antony.

What did you expect to see in a thread about the Queen?

Have you ever met her by the way.

Or do you just fall for the 'middle class' persona created by her 30 full time spin doctors at Buckingham Palace?

pelmetman - 2012-11-23 5:56 PM

Rayjsj - 2012-11-23 5:48 PM

hallii - 2012-11-23 2:20 PM

AliB - 2012-11-23 10:37 AM

http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/queen-enjoys-trip-in-motorhome/2i0upbni?from=

And it is a coachbuilt.

Peter James change your avatar or you will of to the Tower when she signs up on here.

Is it just me or does any else find Peter James's avatar of the Queen sitting on a toilet offensive?

I certainly do.

H

Not really, we all have to do it, AND she does appear to have a remarkable 'set of pins' for an 80 + year old woman, Long may she reign on her throne.

But not too long or you'll get cramp.

As a royalist I find it amusing :D...................although she really ought have a copy of the MMM in her hand ;-)...............I usually do............shall I post a picture? (lol) (lol) (lol)

In her hand Dave, or on a nail on the wall?

Guest pelmetman
Tony Jones - 2012-11-26 4:25 PM

pelmetman - 2012-11-23 5:56 PM

Rayjsj - 2012-11-23 5:48 PM

hallii - 2012-11-23 2:20 PM

AliB - 2012-11-23 10:37 AM

http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/queen-enjoys-trip-in-motorhome/2i0upbni?from=

And it is a coachbuilt.

Peter James change your avatar or you will of to the Tower when she signs up on here.

Is it just me or does any else find Peter James's avatar of the Queen sitting on a toilet offensive?

I certainly do.

H

Not really, we all have to do it, AND she does appear to have a remarkable 'set of pins' for an 80 + year old woman, Long may she reign on her throne.

But not too long or you'll get cramp.

As a royalist I find it amusing :D...................although she really ought have a copy of the MMM in her hand ;-)...............I usually do............shall I post a picture? (lol) (lol) (lol)

In her hand Dave, or on a nail on the wall?

I'd of thought she'd be an avid reader Tony ;-)................as I suspect she likes to keep up to date with what PJ might be up to :D...........before he has his head chopped off 8-)

As for what's on the nail................I doubt it'll be Blairs biography, as I tried that and found it even more slippery than Izal >:-)

Archived