New governor shock !

malc d

Guest Peter James
malc d - 2012-11-26 4:39 PM

What is going on ?

The new governor is not British and didn't even go to Eton.

Come to think of it ---

What a brilliant idea !

;-)

The Liberals are having their say :-)

Tony Jones - 2012-11-26 6:16 PM

Completely confused now Malc.

Didn't realise you'd remarried until I saw the title of this thread, but congratulations anyway.

Sorry about the confusion Tony.

I wouldn't part with my governor.

( 'cos I'd have to buy a sat -nav if I did ).

... and she's an excellent cook !

But I do think it's nice to see that the new BoE governor isn't another member of the old boy network.

;-)

malc d - 2012-11-26 7:18 PM

Tony Jones - 2012-11-26 6:16 PM

Completely confused now Malc.

Didn't realise you'd remarried until I saw the title of this thread, but congratulations anyway.

Sorry about the confusion Tony.

I wouldn't part with my governor.

( 'cos I'd have to buy a sat -nav if I did ).

... and she's an excellent cook !

But I do think it's nice to see that the new BoE governor isn't another member of the old boy network.

;-)

Is he, or isn't he? He spent 10 years in the City of London and his wife is British plus his kids kept all their options open by having dual nationality. He may be able to do the job, and one hopes he can, but I suspect there are vested interests that will throw obstacles in his path. His new deputy may have sore feelings, and stir things with his banking buddies at Barclays etc, as he didn't get the job, unless he is getting a BBC style payout of £600000. Mind you if i could have received £600k for every job I did not get well............it would have been more than 1 motorhome at the very least methinks.

Based on his track record as head of the Bank of Canada - he deserves a chance. He did a very good job there indeed.

That said - his skill was to keep Canada out of the $hitstorm that affected the US and us her in the UK.

It could take an entirely different skill set to get us OUT of the doo doo now that we are in it.

We have to hope that he has those skills. We also have to hope he has the tenacity to deal with the numpties we seem to breed for certain top jobs.

Guest pelmetman

I wish him well..................but wot ope as e got agaisn't te establishment 8-)

Revolution from the bottom is best ;-)..........................cause they don't like it up'em :D

Until you get to the top (lol)

Archived