Sim Cards in France

Janet

Thanks. I'll try that. Our last trip to France(we've only done 4) was a bit of a disaster. We had 2 emergency callouts and when we got home our mobile bill was over £70. I don't want to do that again!

Most Hypermarket sites have a mobile phone shop and you can buy one there. Remember, this makes incoming calls to you free, which is the real advantage. Give the number to your family and friends and they pay the same as usual for a call to a mobile, but you pay nothing. On a UK Sim, I've just paid £2 per minute for incoming calls into Botswana!!

Take a look at : http://www.go-sim.com/ You do need to have your mobile able to accept alternative SIM cards - you might need a release number from your supplier. Then you pay local rates and folk in the UK pay international rates to get to you.

I'm just back from 3 weeks in France. All my calls were the same as UK my bill was £26.50 instead of my normal under £20.00 because I made some longer than normal calls home. I used wap frequently to check home News on BBC. It is my understanding that the EU have stopped the double charging that used to take place.

[QUOTE]imcamp - 2006-07-31 6:59 PM I'm just back from 3 weeks in France. All my calls were the same as UK my bill was £26.50 instead of my normal under £20.00 because I made some longer than normal calls home. I used wap frequently to check home News on BBC. It is my understanding that the EU have stopped the double charging that used to take place.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good.  So, are you going to let the rest of us in on your secret?  Whose service do you use?  Is it PAYG or contract?  UK or other SIM?  If non UK SIM, where did you get it and at what cost?  Please!!

No, the EU have not stopped the excessive charging on roaming. They have only threatened to do so! Vodafone have a new tarrif that reduces the cost of calls: it costs 75p per call with very low charges after that. But, of course, if the connection breaks down or you get thru to an answering machine, etc., that's another 75p, and so on . . .

• 7 years later...
[QUOTE]Janet - 2006-07-11 11:35 PM Where is the best and cheapest place to buy a French Sim card?[/QUOTE] I agree with colin , I tried that site,I never had any problem. Before getting your Sim card,Make sure your phone is unlocked.If it's locked by particular network provider means,you can't use french sim card without unlocking.For unlocking you can approach your service provider or else try to buy an unlocking service from any one of the online unlocking service provider like http://www.wickedunlock.com/supported-phones/rs11wp7/ Here you can unlock your phone at low cost.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived