Rolling Stones

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Rolling Stones or Beatles.

I'm or was / definitely a Rock Chick and have always loved the Stones so come on you lot Stones or Beatles.

Thousand pounds a ticket for Stones Tour - worth every penny - slim, sexy, and oh so ....................

SUE

When his mum used to take him shopping you could, apparently, often see him firmly stuck by his lips to a shop window to stop him running off!

Can I have my thousand pounds please for not wanting to see geriatric pratts pratting about like a bunch of geriatric old millionaire pratts!

Austerity? What austerity?

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2012-11-26 7:59 PM

The Beatles and Stones were merely just a stepping stone for the greatest group of all time who had everything a young group should have , attitude , cockiness , self belief and tunes for that moment , enter The Sex Pistols .

I agree Antony ;-)..............there is something quite delightful when I'm driving the old Rover Sterling in my flat cap and driving gloves..........and some oike in his beat box arrives at the lights *-).............and I wynd down the window and press button 5 after turning up the volume to full blast :D.........................and out comes .....Anarchy in the UK B-)

I really should grow up............or at least get the speakers repaired in the rover :-S.............ruddy blitish leyland (lol) (lol) (lol)

Saw the Beatles in Cambridge -no idea how good they were live - could not hear a bloody thing over the screaming of all the ruddy girls. Right PITA they were if you went for the music.

Never saw the Stones - would have liked to tho - just never got the chance,

Best group live?

Has to be Genesis - both before Peter Gabriel (tho he was bloody weird with that Fox head thing) and after. And their "the shorts" and "the longs" live albums are tremendous - real long car driving CD's.

Saw Peter Frampton live as well - REALLY good - much better than I thought he would be.

Most surprisingly good group?

Has to be the Hollies - saw them live about 15 years ago - and they looked older then that the Stones do now!!!! - but boy could they play. Tremendous. "The Air that I breath" was awesome

But for a truly great night out - especially as the gig we like to go to is their last before Christmas - Status Quo at the Bournemouth International Centre (BIC) just before Christmas. Lat time we booked a meal at the BIC which gave us a room to go back to in the interval where our drinks waited for us.

A really nice pre Christmas experience and well worth the few extra £'s.

And not one song you were not up on your feet to - singing out at the top of your lungs!

Brilliant!

Why haven't I booked it for this year?

Guest pelmetman

Oh Clive, I loved Peter Frampton, also saw the Hollies, can't exactly remember when but must have been over 30 years ago. Seen loads of bands over the years and would love to see Status Quo but alas the only THING Dave has ever taken me to was The Gang Show in Chelmsford..................

SUE :'(

Guest pelmetman
CliveH - 2012-11-26 9:15 PM

Sue - you HAVE to see them.

The shear professionalism is stunning.

http://www.bic.co.uk/events/Event_Details.asp?event=5929

I am now very tempted!!

I took Sue to the Gang show and we went to the show at Peterborough a couple of years ago..........but I'll admit its down to me :$.......................I don't like crowds :-S

Tracker - 2012-11-26 7:43 PM

Can I have my thousand pounds please for not wanting to see geriatric pratts pratting about like a bunch of geriatric old millionaire pratts!

Not been to any of the big outdoor motorhome shows then with the oldies having a good old bop in the entertainment marquees then have you! :D (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2012-11-26 9:52 PM

Tracker - 2012-11-26 7:43 PM

Not been to any of the big outdoor motorhome shows then with the oldies having a good old bop in the entertainment marquees then have you! :D (lol)

I think that's where I got my phobia :-S

Mel B - 2012-11-26 9:52 PM

Not so flippin likely Mel - too many recycled teenagers and far too much needless noise disguising the lack of musical ability for my taste and I am not a follower of the pack just because 'it's what everyone else used to do' a hundred years ago!!

We preserve our energy ready for the wallet busting of the day times which I do find rather debilitating sometimes!!

Archived