Aire in Orleans

Mike B.

Guest JudgeMental

It was at bottom of link...copied here:ignore all the question marks, due to auto translation...

A service area in La Chapelle-Saint-Mesmin in Loiret (45)

At the exit southwest of Orleans, on the N 152, here a waypoint ideal for exploring regional sites?

Opening? Service area and parking for campers along the Loire. L? Municipal team decided to revitalize the site of? Former campground located in a remarkable setting, by creating a parking area and service for motorhomes.

The? Service area and parking will open its doors Saturday, June 11, 2011. It will be open all year round and have 23 locations? Approximately 60 m2 each, an ideal size.

Many services are offered motorhome: water and electricity, sewage drainage, emptying the toilet cassette and close to the? Area, point picnic, playground, mini golf and hiking trail in a remarkable natural site and preserved World Heritage Site by? UNESCO.

In immediate proximity, bakeries, pharmacies, supermarket with petrol station, cafe bars, book and stationery press office, banks, butcher. Weekly market on Saturday morning?

To know and see: last weekend of June, a festival of free concerts? Ride music? , Church classified as historical monuments. The? Area is located in the nature reserve bank of St. Mesmin.

Prices: 5 / 24 h 9 / 48 h, 12 / 72 h. Automated payment by credit card. Can temporarily leave his emplacement.ô?? °?

Point GPS: Latitude N 47 ° 53 7.0614 / Longitude E 1 ° 50 2 2.8114

Information from the City Hall Technical Services Branch: 02 38 22 12 54.

Some first hand info. Stayed 2 nights on this aire in summer this year. It is an old campsite converted to an aire which costs 5€/1 night, 9€/2 nights and 12€/3nights. Price includes all services including hook-up. Pitches are marked out but are grass and most will be muddy when wet. La Chapelle-Saint-Mesmin has a very pretty old part on banks of Loire, just short walk from aire (aire is also on banks of Loire but not with clear views). Bus into Orleans (Line 20, 1.40€ each way) stops on main road through La Chapelle, about 5 min walk from aire. Orleans well worth a visit. Aire feels very safe as former camp site warden lives in house at aire entrance. Entry to aire is by credit card. Would be more than happy to return but pitches may be very muddy now; best ones are next to entry. Hope this helps.

robertandjean - 2012-11-27 8:06 PM

Some first hand info. Stayed 2 nights on this aire in summer this year. It is an old campsite converted to an aire which costs 5€/1 night, 9€/2 nights and 12€/3nights. Price includes all services including hook-up. Pitches are marked out but are grass and most will be muddy when wet. La Chapelle-Saint-Mesmin has a very pretty old part on banks of Loire, just short walk from aire (aire is also on banks of Loire but not with clear views). Bus into Orleans (Line 20, 1.40€ each way) stops on main road through La Chapelle, about 5 min walk from aire. Orleans well worth a visit. Aire feels very safe as former camp site warden lives in house at aire entrance. Entry to aire is by credit card. Would be more than happy to return but pitches may be very muddy now; best ones are next to entry. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. We are going to have a couple of days there en route back from Spain next March-hopefully the pitches will have dried out by then (or Jackie will have a bit of pushing to do!) Will try and park near the entrance-thanks for the advice.

Mike

Gosh thank you for opening this thread Mike. I wish I had known about this aire - perfectly situated for my journeys. Hope I bump into some of you there. By the way Robert and Jean, did you get to the aire at Murat-le-Quaire (Puy-de-Dome, Auvergne) this year?

Patricia - 2012-11-27 10:46 PM

Gosh thank you for opening this thread Mike. I wish I had known about this aire - perfectly situated for my journeys. Hope I bump into some of you there. By the way Robert and Jean, did you get to the aire at Murat-le-Quaire (Puy-de-Dome, Auvergne) this year?

I aim to please! If I can go through life and make peoples lives better and more fulfilled then I am happy and my purpose on this earth achieved :-D :-D

Think the thanks should really go the the repliers though because I had lost the info and they helped find it!

We will look out for you in March.

PS if you fancy another one that tends to get missed, try Objat (North of Brieve dept.19 Correze) Really nice aire and although no longer free only €5 inc electricity and a nice town as well for a couple of days

Mike

Yes, Mike, thanks to everyone. I might give the aire at Objat a try sometime - that's quite close-ish to me too.

Two in return:

Montsalvy D920 between Aurillac and Entraygues-sur-Truyere - visited here two years ago - hardstanding pitches separated by grassed picnic area - large heated shower room, toilet etc. (spotless) - parking free (then!) payable bourne for water etc. Picturesque little town.

Between Saumur and Gennes on D751 along the Loire river. Similar to the one you describe at Orleans i.e. old campsite. Flat, lots of room and possible to buy electricity for 10(?) hours €3. Too far to walk to village but was free in 2011.

Also have a look at the one I mention above. Again an old campsite with hedged pitches, toilet and shower block, fabulous views, near lake and hotel, only open from Easter on and I think €6.

Patricia, no did not make aire at Murat this year, hope to next year. Objat also sounds good and was voted aire of the year, for 2012, by readers of the French Camping Car Magazine.

Of aires we have visited this year think our pick for aire of year would be one we have highlighted before, but worth another mention is Mortange-sur-Gironde (Charnete Maritime), great setting overlooking marina, with electricity and wi-fi for 7.40€/night. Another worth a mention would be thee new aire at St-Jean-de-Monts (Vendee) where we were last week. This private aire (le Repos de Tortues) has defined pitches, electricity and wi-fi at a cost, in low seaon, of 8€/night. The service point etc are spotless, owner cleans at least once each day, and general set out very good But a clear downside is a 10 min walk to town and 30 min walk to beach. Entry by credit card.

Archived