Ferry crossing 4/12 Bilbao

pirio

We are sailing on the Cap Finistere on the 4th Dec at 17.00 for the first time, is there anyone out there doing the same, who can give us some advice on where to stay on docking apart from the port mobile home area?

Regards

John and Mary

As it will be dark when we arrive and we know that the Spainish campsites are not will sign posted we wondered about staying in the overnight mobile home area, but if there is a site reasonably near we would rather go there. We will be heading towards Barcelona eventually.

There is no problem staying at the port overnight.When leaving the ship go to the roundabout and return to the car park outside the reception building before setting off relaxed the next morning.

There are sites in the Bilbao area but you will be arriving when city area traffic is very busy.

Last year we were on a similar time ferry and went to a campsite in Burgos, arriving about 8.30 p.m. I still think you are better staying at the port overnight, there will be others.

Would concur port probably best option if you are concerned about traffic etc. There is a lot of road construction around Bilbao at the moment and daylight does make it easier. If however you want to get away from Bilbao then the aire at San Sebastian is a possible. About 70 miles and mostly motorway from the port. Nice aire and only a few Euros. Whilst not on direct route to Barcelona it is heading East and not a million miles off route. Enjoy your trip.

We just used the aire. It is near the university and there is a bus about 100 yards away that takes you right into the city centre. I think the number 22. We stayed overnight and it was fine. Cost was 6.25 Euros but I think there is a reduction in winter months. Usual aire services water, waste and rubbish disposal. No hook ups so own power. San Sebastian is a very nice city to wander round. Enjoy

Archived