overnight parking in Devon

graham

FRANKP60 - 2012-12-03 7:20 PM

...Cost £2.50 per 24 hours includes bus into town for 6 people return. .Grey and Black water dump and tap.24HRS CCTV on site .

Bl**dy 'ell that good! :-D

I've always thought that P&Rs would be the easiest and cheapest way for Councils to offer Mh parking/overnighting.

The ones I've seen have all had some form of facilities/loos for the drivers,so could quite easily be adapted to allow basic outside service point(s)...

Wooie - 2012-12-03 10:04 AM

Peter James - 2012-12-02 4:36 PM

mondo - 2012-12-02 2:37 PM

.Why don't they take a leaf out of The French supermarkets book and provide LARGER SPACES for Motorhomes..it works in France...

As an ex English supermarket manager let me put the other side.

It works in France, because France has plenty of alternative free parking, so even if you give unrestricted parking you still find nearly everyone on your car park is a customer.

At the other end of the scale, in England public parking - especially free public parking, is usually in such short supply that if you don't put restrictions on your car park you soon find it full of people who park there and go somewhere else, so there is no room for your customers to get in.

In a " Nut Shell " that`s one of the problems here in Preston.

The cost of parking in Preston City Centre is prohibitively expensive and whilst there are a couple

of " Park and Rides " they too are very expensive if used before 09:30am.

What we find is that a lot of the " City Centre " workers park on the Supermarket Car Parks and then

catch the bus in as a pedestrian.

They don`t even try to hide it, i`ve seen for example " 1 gentleman, suit, briefcase, etc. " get out of

their car and walk straight to the Bus Stop.

There is a Morrisons on Preston Marina that has a " Unbelievable " amount of vehicles on it`s car

park Monday to Friday from say 08:00am.

The other one is a Tesco near Leyland Town Centre which has exactly the same problem.

Most of the abuses of Supermarket parking, can be easily rectified, a Fine for overstay, say 3 hours Limit, job done, strip of 5 larger bays for motorhomes, again 3 hours limit. Then at least we can shop like everybody else, without a 2 mile walk to the outskirts of town.

Realistically I think we have to consider any sort of MH parking at supermarkets as a "bonus" and not as some sort of "right"....

What with them already providing "Mother & Toddler " and "Blue badge" spaces,accommodating the occasional MH who may or may not want to roll up, would probably be at the bottom of their "Things to do" list(...that's if it makes the list at all). (lol)

Rayjsj - 2012-12-04 2:42 PM

Most of the abuses of Supermarket parking, can be easily rectified, a Fine for overstay, say 3 hours Limit, job done, strip of 5 larger bays for motorhomes, again 3 hours limit. Then at least we can shop like everybody else, without a 2 mile walk to the outskirts of town.

I fully agree but, that would take a " Liberal Dose Of Common Sense " which is sadly lacking

in a lot of people and most definitely in large companies such as Supermarkets.

I think 3 hours is more than enough but other will disagree. This subject was on another forum

recently and no matter how long you give people some will say it`s not enough.

The " I was only 15 mins over " or " What`s half an hour between friends " brigade will spoil that

plan for the rest of us.

We already have a ' Morrisons traffic Warden' in our supermarket in Haverfordwest, he is on the prowl for 'Commuters' or 'Town centre shoppers' but is happy for M/h's to park provided they don't block the road, just as long as they don't stay longer than 3 hours. Others get a ticket, It cleared a once 'Blocked' car park, no overnighting though. Ray

Evening all,

I am sick and tired of people wanting to know if is legal to park. The fact is that you can park anywhere unless there is a by law that says that you cannot, so park where you want and if anybody tells you otherwise ask them for the evidence that says you cannot.

norm

Archived