Christmas vodka cake recipe

donna miller

Once again this year, I’ve had requests for my Vodka Christmas Cake recipe so here goes. Please keep in your files as I am beginning to get tired of typing this up every year! (Made mine this morning!!!!) 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 cup water, 1 tsp. salt , 1 cup brown sugar, Lemon juice, 4 large eggs, Nuts, 1 bottle Vodka,

2 cups dried fruit.

Sample a cup of Vodka to check quality

Take a large bowl, check the Vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality then Repeat.

Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.

At this point, it is best to make sure the Vodka is still OK. Try another cup just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the

fruit up off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it.

Mix on the turner. If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the Vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something.

Check the Vodka. Now s**t shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the Vodka and wipe the counter with the cat

So How much VODKA do you really need for the cake??? Does it work with GIN or even a cheap BRANDY?

I guess you won't be able to answer to-day, or maybe the hang-over will still be a bit much to-morrow?

Have a good Xmas Donna. Don't forget the Brandy Pudding and cream.

PJay

• 6 months later...
Guest pelmetman
Christmas cake 8-)......................well the nights are drawing in now :-S.............did everyone have a nice summer? ;-)

What summer??.....Just about managed to keep ahead of the floods in Germany and Austria. It was atrocious for the first 6 days then the sun came out so it didn't turn out to bad after that in central Austria, Northern Italy and France..

Haven't heard from Mel though and she said she was going to Germany so hope they are both OK, bit unusual for her not to log on.

Dave

Archived