Fiamma Awning will not release and wind out

kenny

Hi I am struggling to get my awning to release and wind out the only way we can get it to work is if one person unwinds and the other pulls then its bit by bit the awning its starting to do my head in. The awning winds in and sits fine its just does not want to come out to play.

thanks

Kenny

Guest pelmetman

Hello Kenny,

Our Fiamma Awning sticks, has done for ages, Dave gives it a good wack and then it winds out as it should.

SUE

Our awning a Fiamma i65s(new in august) started to stick when opening, we had to give it an initial tug to release it from the fully closed position.I took the three long screws out of the end cap intending to spray the gearbox with silicon.As i started to remove the unit I could feel that it was under tension ,as a roller blind is,The gear mech was a sealed unit, so I replaced everything just in case it flew apart .

As it happened the awning works properly again.

I can't imagine what I would have done with it as I bought online, it would be difficult to return.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Not much use to the OP, but the one thing that terrifies me about these is having them malfunction when they are wound out, we witnessed a Frenchman have his jam part way in, the resulting solution you do not want to know about. In short play with it whilst at home would be my advice.............. :-S

Guest JudgeMental
mine got mashed in a thunder storm a few years ago.... just bodged it back in and secured with tie raps and gaffa tape. you should be able to squeeze joined together tie raps up the back of it...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replys have tried most things but still having trouble. It was working ok then went to swift to get some work done and they would have to take one of the covers off so it could be that they have jammed something I will just have to keep trying.

thanks

What was the work you got done and which cover did they remove..winder end or non winder end.

Can you also have a look and see what they used to hold the cover back on to replace theplastic rivet, they may have used a long self taper which is now gone in too far and pushing against the winder mechanism and distorting it from being true.

If they have used a long screw then try unscrewing it a bit and see what happens.

1footinthegrave - 2012-12-06 3:51 PM

Not much use to the OP, but the one thing that terrifies me about these is having them malfunction when they are wound out, we witnessed a Frenchman have his jam part way in, the resulting solution you do not want to know about. In short play with it whilst at home would be my advice.............. :-S

Our awing blew over the top of van, when our son had borrowed the van, to take to Cornwall. He took the whole awing off, and put it in the van, to bring it home to us. So DAD (with a little help, from me) had the job of getting it back and working again. Was going to claim on insurance, as the dealer wanted to replace with a new one, at a cost of over £500.

OH fixed it , and has been OK for 5years now.

PJay

Archived