Euro 5 Ducato headlight

Pete-B

I need to remove the headlight from my van and I'd very much appreciate any advice on how to do this. I'm told you have to remove the body trim from under the light first but i've got no idea how to go about that. I'm not the most experienced with the tool kit, I can swing a hammer with the best of them but that usually gets me into expensive trouble.

So as I say if anyone can give me any tips that would be great, thanks.

You need to be brave !

Remove the under light trim by removing the screw just inside the bonnet, The panel has 2 spring clips at the other end (the wider end) there are also 2 intermediate locating clips, you need to spring the front of the panel the pull it out to the side. I used radio removing tool to hook behind the wide end to pull off. Be firm and careful and wrap your tools to prevent damage, It is likely you will damage the mid clips doing this but don't worry.

Remove the top panel above the light, 1 screw and 2 spring clips

Undo 1 10mm bolt at top & 2 bolts behind the lower panel take, care as you may alter the beam setting doing this ,so look where the back nut is set.

Hope this helps :-o :-o Geoff

Guest JudgeMental

Honestly if you watch it being done you will not be concerned as its a 10 minute job. I watched an alarm guy remove mine and as long as you follow Geoffs instructions you will be fine. You tube usually your friend at times like this as they have video of just about everything..but no such luck with this Im afraid...let us know how you got on.

Just a thought:

Is this a LHD to RHD conversion? as most Euro vans now have running lights and are a different plug. so older headlights dont fit...A bummer as if I buy a new van next year wont be able to swap my 2011 headlights over *-)

There is a YouTube clip relating to fitting headlamp protectors to an X250 Ducato.

It's more useful for someone wishing to perform that task, though it does cover removing/replacing the trim piece above the headlamp. I didn't bother to mention it earlier as Geoff's adfvice was comprehensive.

Guest JudgeMental
Derek Uzzell - 2012-12-06 2:27 PM

There is a YouTube clip relating to fitting headlamp protectors to an X250 Ducato.

It's more useful for someone wishing to perform that task, though it does cover removing/replacing the trim piece above the headlamp. I didn't bother to mention it earlier as Geoff's adfvice was comprehensive.

I saw that but did not look as I have protectors, but they fitted without removing anything...

Hello Campers,

I would just like to add that the screws on the inside edge of the upper and lower covers have an annoying habit of seizing as time goes by. It is strongly recommended that you put some copper or aluminium grease on the threads when you re-assemble this.

The same goes for the screws that fix the front panels on. It is even worth removing all of these when the van is new and putting some grease on the threads. It will be worth it in the long run.

This was a major problem on the older Ducato's too from 2002 to 2006 where you had to remove the grille and take out the headlamps to change bulbs. The screws were nearly always seized!

Lubricate often!

Nick

Archived