"That" swing out bike rack

Guest JudgeMental

• 5 weeks later...
Guest JudgeMental

Have called, left messages and emailed numerous times and still nothing from these people, but I suspect they are a lot more expensive than the buscamper.

have placed a post on my German E bike forum to see if I have any luck there, as they might know of supplier or indeed an alternative product...Think I am going to go for either the buscamper or Sawiko...Cant be bothered with the DIY.....To much hassle even as a winter project.....

Guest JudgeMental

"Supply and fit the Agito Top 80kg Carrier System for carrying 2 cycles . £1699.00 inc Fitting & VAT"

heard back from Alko at last...a bit pricey. They fit it in Warwickshire so that's not to bad...they do a heavier version that can take bikes or a scooter....Just thinking about the future and my health and whether I would be better of buying the heavier capacity version now.....

what weight is a reasonable performing moped/scooter that will carry two please..I can then see what rack will suit

Have emailed a couple of Belgian dealers to see if they will supply and fit the buscamper model. at 1200€ looking a bit of a better deal......

JudgeMental - 2013-09-15 8:39 AM

Thanks Flicka..link dont work though. found another video of the bus-camper rack, this time fitted on moi's Adria twin!*-) (:-D). I like this in one as no heavy tow bar needed, must fix of to same part of chassis as a tow bar..Hugh who has one is going to get some photos during the week (van in storage)

all we need then is to find an enterprising soul who can knock a few out! :D

http://www.buscamper.nl/nieuws/2_busbiker-assortiment-uitgebreid

Hi Eddie

Try via AL-KO's main UK website www.al-ko.co.uk

Then select "Categories" & "Motorhome Accessories" (at the bottom of the drop down list) Then select "Sawiko Load Carriers" for the range.

They use the Tow-Bar mountings on the chassis.

The Agito 120 is the swing out type.

"Max payload: 120kg

Max load: 4 bicycles or 1 scooter

Swings to one side for easy access through rear doors

Weight excluding conversion kit and receiving elements: 40kg"

Guest JudgeMental

Thanks chaps, they just got back to me and the 120 Agito is over £2000! so the busbiker looks the best bet.

Hugh I come up the west of France on way home..think I would rather combine a visit with either a christmas market or Brugge mini break. how long did it take to fit yours, mine already has electrics...

Have asked them if they have done the rear bed conversions on the Possl 636 FR yet, and if successful might just go for that, and forget about rack, bikes inside makes far more sense!

I have discounted the new hightop Roadcruiser "R"evolution, with the massive garage with electric bed because I prefer the open layout aspect of French bed 636 FR, and would think the payload/handling/fuel consumption compromised on such a vehicle. While Possl good vans they dont really think though practical soloutions for carrying bikes

sun shining! adios amigos! :-D

JudgeMental - 2013-10-24 9:55 AM

Hugh I come up the west of France on way home..think I would rather combine a visit with either a christmas market or Brugge mini break. how long did it take to fit yours, mine already has electrics...

:-D

Dunno Eddie - it was done as part of pre-delivery stuff. I can't see it would take more than a couple of hours though, especially at the hands of those who know what they're doing :-D

Archived