Tyres where to purchase home or abroad?

johnnerontheroad

My M/H tyres need to be replaced because of age shortly, we are off to Spain and Portugal in January and I was wondering if they would be cheaper over there or in this country? Last year I was told that the French were having their tyres replace in Marocco as they were cheaper than in France anyone know if this is true?

Thanks

Dave

Personally I prefer to buy tyres in the UK because I can see the new ones and ensure by communicating in my own version of English that they are the right ones and the ones that I want as well as asking for new valves and balancing! Should one does fail - very rare I know these days - but not unheard of - it is easier to return to a local tyre depot and explain the problem than to drive back to Spain or Morocco!!

I have bought both in England and in France - not necessarily by choice! Four years' ago they were cheapr in France but I believe that has now reversed. I can't quote prices as I don't have the info to hand.

Possibly, but not necessarily, easier to source in France as there is often a long waiting period in England. Last year I needed Michelin winter tyres for my car and I had to source them from Poland; none at all in the UK.

If tyres on any vehicle of mine currently NEEDED to be replaced due to their age, I sure wouldn't be contemplating travelling to Spain/Portugal in January without having the tyres replaced beforehand. The possibility that I might save a few quid by purchasing replacements abroad wouldn't enter my head. I'd want the new tyres on now, to give adequate time to check that there were no problems before trekking south.

Archived