Elecsol battery

mel64

The battery is 4 months old and will not hold charge over night I rang the Elecsol Company got short

shift reply send e-mail.

Sent e-mail waiting for reply these battery are not cheap but I think this problem with Elecsol may been

reported before? but may be not on this forum.

Does any one know about this company and what do think my cause action should be.

At the moment it look like £100+ before Christmas.

Hi,

If you purchased through a dealer then take it back and let them sort it

If direct then you will need to jump through hoops and pray

However if you have proof of purchase and completed and posted the guarantee card you are in with a chance

Elecsol in the guise of "Steve" the owner/telephonist/storeman etc will ask you to obtain an engineers report proving the battery is faulty - you can not take it to Elecsol to test as they have no testing facilities

If "Steve" accepts the report you should get a replacement in a matter of weeks - do not send your report etc to Elecsol "to be signed for" as they will not accept sig required mail

Good Luck

Ray an ex Elecsol customer

If you do a search with Google using the words, "Elecsol problems" you will get a depressing list of reports.

If you dealt direct, then you will have to pursue them direct. Hopefully you paid by credit card as that can give you some protection if the goods can be shown to be faulty.

With batteries, I have always favoured buying directly from an easily visited outlet and not by mail order (for the reasons you have outlined).

As I've said rcently in another thread I'vw been selling Elecsol batteries for over seven years now and only had a few failures (not unusual with batteries of any brand). Each and every failure has been reported to me, returned to me, checked by me and Steve at Elecsol has honoured the warranty on each nd every occasion. Of course there is the fact that in every one of those occasions the end customers had followed our advice and filled out and sent off the warranty cards and kept their copy, no problem!

D.

I have had no reply to date off to buy new battery.

It will not be Elecsol I should have save a copy of returned registration card as suggested.

But as talking to them is difficult and no reply to e-mails.(Still have warranty card stamped and dated 17-08-12.)

I have looked on other forums I am not a lone not many good reports when a problem occurs.

Hi,

In my case it was 3 x Elecsol 220 failed after only 6 months, so I pursued Elecsol (Steve) until I finally received replacements it took 3 months !!!!

The replacements lasted 18 months so again I claimed undder the five year guarantee same problems with Steve only worse , I had to suggest that Elecsol called in the police as it was claimed that the replacements had been delivered and signed for and must have been stolen!, when I pointed out that the marina had 24hr CCTV that logged all vehicles in/out Steve discovered that they had delivered to the wrong marina?????, - problem with that is there is only one marina in Wigan) he then sent then by courier not in the little white van driven by his own driver

Our second battery bank made up of 5 x 110amp hr cheapo NuMax batteries these ran 24hrs a day powering an inverter supply to the fridge and a freezer and lasted 5 years and I still use one of these as part of the bow thrusters bank

So for me standard flooded lead acid,that are a quality brand from a local seller ie Lucas, Banner, NewMax etc

Ray

mel64 - 2012-12-11 10:05 AM

The battery is 4 months old and will not hold charge over night I rang the Elecsol Company got short

shift reply send e-mail.

Sent e-mail waiting for reply these battery are not cheap but I think this problem with Elecsol may been

reported before? but may be not on this forum.

Does any one know about this company and what do think my cause action should be.

At the moment it look like £100+ before Christmas.

Mel

Just forget the warranty. Have you taken to battery back to whoever you bought it from? If not do that, tell them it is no good, and you'd like a replacement please. If they object, or try to palm you off with excuses, just take it anywhere that will test it and give you a written report on its condition.

Then, go and talk to Citizens Advice, or ring Consumer Direct. Either should give you advice on writing to the seller to say the battery is not of merchantable quality and you want a refund. You have proof of purchase, and you will have a report that says it is duff. It is a small sum, so you can simply take them to the small claims court. The letters are almost standard.

I appreciate it is not the seller's fault the battery is a dud, and this may seem a bit hard, but it is how the powers that be, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to legislate! :-) There is no reason you should be out of pocket because the manufacturer won't honour his warranty, and have to buy another. The legal liability is the seller's. He will know that. His liability is not limited by what the warranty says. He will know that as well. It is relatively unlikely you would actually have to take the seller to court, but the small claims procedure is relatively simple, and you are entitled to add all your costs onto the bill, so if you follow the rules, you should get a court order against the seller to reimburse you the cost of the battery plus any costs you have incurred.

Again bang on Mr K. And though dealers normally give in well before this point it's not always the full story. There are few real world consequences for people who wave two fingers at the 'system'. I've known a few cases where judgements have been made but the defendant has then simply refused to pay. Enforcement after refusal does not seem common so once again, in many cases, you can do what you like without fear of consequence. It pays to exploit decent hard working people, ask politicians, bankers, energy companies, tax avoiders, workshy dole wallahs , senior Police officers...

I can only say that the Elecsol battery we had was still going strong after eight years use. Mind you we did look after it well. When we changed the Motorhome in 2011 the battery went with the old motorhome still working just fine. May be they are not as good as they used to be now for some reason. They do give a five year warranty I believe so they can't be too bad or they'd have gone bust by now.

Archived