BBC SUNDAY NIGHT VOTE WIGGO!!!!!!!!

AnnPaul

AnnPaul - 2012-12-11 5:36 PM

Sunday night BBC.

VOTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WIGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

vote for chelsea european champions, aka world club champions hee hee.

Guest JudgeMental
I thought this about strictly come dancing or some other utter rubbish....but now see its probably sportsman of the year? And about cycling which I love......we will be in India but Wiggins a worthy choice!

Could not agree more;

It's not about the tour or even the Olympic time trial, it's about the towering achievements and utter domination of the sport over the last 12 months. I don't think any sportsman has ever come close to this level. Dave Brailsford also deserves recognition for completely overhauling and revolutionising both track and road cycling over the last 6 years or so. So proud.

Go Wiggo!

Clive - 2012-12-15 2:42 PM

Wiggo has sort of blotted his copybook by the detrimental way he referred to the Queen. So my vote will be for A.N.Other.

C.

[/QUOTI Agree with that. Its also called Sports PERSONALITY of the year. Ellie Simmonds or Mo Farah for me

Personally I thought he was quite rude the way he turned his back on the Duchess; he did not even have the courtesy to exchange a few words with her. Reading the comment above about his attitude towards the Queen someone should have spoken to the potential winners beforehand on protocol or chosen someone else to present the trophy. I thought she looked most uncomfortable anyway at times and certainly deserved more courtesy. I thought Jessica Ennis came across as a much nicer personality.

Patricia - 2012-12-17 11:32 AM

Personally I thought he was quite rude the way he turned his back on the Duchess; he did not even have the courtesy to exchange a few words with her. Reading the comment above about his attitude towards the Queen someone should have spoken to the potential winners beforehand on protocol or chosen someone else to present the trophy. I thought she looked most uncomfortable anyway at times and certainly deserved more courtesy. I thought Jessica Ennis came across as a much nicer personality.

Totally Agree!!

I'd like to think Wiggins could use his success to defuse the rising anti-motorist campaign of hatred which cyclists are waging, but somehow I doubt it.

Let's just hope he doesn't suffer from Hay Fever either as I used to during my cycle racing days. Had I ever reached Tour de France level i'd have been kicked out as a 'druggie' as the medication I used to take were steroid based. During the time I was taking them, one unfortunate cyclist actually did get thrown out for using the same as what I was on!

The downside to them was the obvious and my GP eventually refused to prescribe but the upside was......they worked!

I'm quite pleased that Mr Wiggins won, and I tried to vote for him, but couldn't get through. When I tried my mobile, the call was immediately cut on pressing the green button (Orange/EE service so should have worked). On trying the land line, it was either engaged or a message said 'this line is not in service". This went on from 9.35 until lines closed. It seemed to be a ridiculour means of collecting votes in such a short time, and made me wonder at the validity of what we were watching, as Andy Murray, in third place and abroad, was shown being presented with his trophy minutes after voting was supposed to be finished! How did they get a trophy there, and find someone to present it, in just a few minutes?

I don't agree with the people who dislike Wiggo's personality - I found (and on other occasions when he's been interviewd) him to be an engaging person, not Mr Stereotype-nice-guy, but refreshingly different.

The whole event, though, was an overhyped irritation, too much like 'Come Dancing', and I only watch it 'cause I enjoy the sporting highlight flashbacks, and seeing if my choice ins at the end.

Anyway, what has this thread to do with Motorhomes - I didn't start it!

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a good time next year.

Neil B

Bulletguy - 2012-12-17 2:11 PM

I'd like to think Wiggins could use his success to defuse the rising anti-motorist campaign of hatred which cyclists are waging, but somehow I doubt it.

Let's just hope he doesn't suffer from Hay Fever either as I used to during my cycle racing days. Had I ever reached Tour de France level i'd have been kicked out as a 'druggie' as the medication I used to take were steroid based. During the time I was taking them, one unfortunate cyclist actually did get thrown out for using the same as what I was on!

The downside to them was the obvious and my GP eventually refused to prescribe but the upside was......they worked!

So did the drugs work to cure the hay fever or work to improve your performance?

I am not sure about this "anti-motorist campaign". Is it real? Some days I am a cyclist, some days I am a motorist, some days I am both. We all need to respect other road users.

AliB - 2012-12-17 2:55 PM

So did the drugs work to cure the hay fever or work to improve your performance?

Worked a treat whilst I was on them but my GP became concerned at the level of steroids and switched me to another drug, which turned out to be crap. Suffered with it from early teens, at times extremely bad, until early 30s when it just suddenly disappeared.

Certainly doesn't improve performance which was what surprised me when this pro-cyclist who had been using the identical medication I used to use, got chucked off the Tour de France. But as time has gone on with Sports, it's a wonder they even allow them to drink a cup of tea. In fact that's now quite possibly a banned 'performance enhancing drug'!

AliB - 2012-12-17 2:55 PM

I am not sure about this "anti-motorist campaign". Is it real? Some days I am a cyclist, some days I am a motorist, some days I am both. We all need to respect other road users.

Very real.

I'm surprised you didn't watch the recent BBC documentary showing cyclists who now use helmet cams to record footage.

Times have changed since I was cycling and i'm afraid to say, not for the better either. When I was in cycling, particularly during road race events, 100% utmost respect was shown from the cyclist to the motorist. You never 'picked and argument' with a vehicle.....they are more powerful and much heavier than you so you kept out of the way. Thats all changed now. Inner city cyclists use the roads like a race track weaving in and out of traffic, and 'jumping red lights' is commonplace. The rage shown by some was staggering as they rode alongside a vehicle they decided had passed them too close.....then kicked the door panel in!

There are a multitude of clips on YouTube.

I hadn't realised that it was just a case of the bigger vehicle you have, the more you can do what you like - and that all the 'little people' should just know their place and get out of the way.

I cycle a lot too but didn't realise that I was now supposed to be hating people that drive motor vehicles.

You do learn a lot on this forum.

Bulletguy - 2012-12-17 9:48 PM

I'm surprised you didn't watch the recent BBC documentary showing cyclists who now use helmet cams to record footage.

The rage shown by some was staggering as they rode alongside a vehicle they decided had passed them too close.....then kicked the door panel in!

I did not see the documentary but some of the reviews are very critical of the reports.

"The film made much of its use of head-cam footage shot by 'real' cyclists. However, it has come to light that the footage of cycle messengers flouting the rules of the road through London used at the end of the broadcast was actually shot in 2006 by an American film-maker, Lucas Brunelle."

Copied from this report.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/comment/535918/comment-is-there-really-a-war-on-britain-s-roads.html

Archived