BBC SUNDAY NIGHT VOTE WIGGO!!!!!!!!

AnnPaul

Patricia - 2012-12-19 1:55 PM

Clive - 2012-12-15 2:42 PM

Wiggo has sort of blotted his copybook by the detrimental way he referred to the Queen. So my vote will be for A.N.Other.

C.

Unfortunately it seems that it will not stop him being made a knight in the New Year's Honours!!!

You don't have to be a ' nice person ' to get a knighthood.

;-)

Patricia - 2012-12-17 11:32 AMPersonally I thought he was quite rude the way he turned his back on the Duchess; he did not even have the courtesy to exchange a few words with her. Reading the comment above about his attitude towards the Queen someone should have spoken to the potential winners beforehand on protocol or chosen someone else to present the trophy. I thought she looked most uncomfortable anyway at times and certainly deserved more courtesy. I thought Jessica Ennis came across as a much nicer personality.

Very true....it did look quite rude the way Wiggins behaved.  Like I said elsewhere it's about time the award was renamed 'Sportsman/woman of the year' because some years the nominees seem to have no 'personality' at all.

As Wiggo was being interviewed by Princess Susan,and supposedly talking to X million viewers, I don't see how he could have avoided turning his back on Kate standing behind him.

And quite why the Beeb got Kate to present the award in the first place is beyond me. :-S

As I mentioned earlier, if it was Personality they were looking for it should've gone to Laura Trott. ;-)

It amazes me that in spite of his awe-inspiring achievements there should be any focus at all on his fleeting interaction with the latest random addition to an outdated institution, especially given the pressure and artificiality of the occasion.

He looked to me like a young bloke made slightly uncomfortable by the fuss and attention, but, if his lack of fawning was actually intended, I'd say that not acting as obsequious lick-spittle on such a public stage showed quite a lot of 'personality'.

The bloke has achievement and personality in abundance, what he doesn't have is any slimy duplicitous public facade. What you see is definitely what you get.

Disingenuously grovelling over members of an institution that originally rose to prominence by force, oppression, and not a little allusion to the mumbo-jumbo of divine will seems pretty shallow to me.

crinklystarfish - 2012-12-20 9:25 AM

It amazes me that in spite of his awe-inspiring achievements there should be any focus at all on his fleeting interaction with the latest random addition to an outdated institution, especially given the pressure and artificiality of the occasion.

He looked to me like a young bloke made slightly uncomfortable by the fuss and attention, but, if his lack of fawning was actually intended, I'd say that not acting as obsequious lick-spittle on such a public stage showed quite a lot of 'personality'.

The bloke has achievement and personality in abundance, what he doesn't have is any slimy duplicitous public facade. What you see is definitely what you get.

Disingenuously grovelling over members of an institution that originally rose to prominence by force, oppression, and not a little allusion to the mumbo-jumbo of divine will seems pretty shallow to me.

Guess you've not received a card from the palace yet, then. ;-)

Archived