Autotrail LED Lights

tugga

Can anyone help our friends, they have an Autotrail Cheyenne 840D on an 08 plate and in the lounge area they have strips of LED lights that run under the top cabinets. The original LEDs failed in places so they have been replaced. Since the replacement has taken place, the lights keep flickering on one side, the door side. My husband has been and had a look and cleaned up some of the joints, connectors and straightened out the cabling but they still flicker. He is not an electrician and although he understands the theory of how it works, he cannot work what is wrong with them. He can only think that the newer strip of LEDs (now 2 years old) was faulty. Our friends are reluctant to replace them as there is no guarantee that the new ones will work any better than the current ones.

Has anyone else had this experience and if so how did they get it rectified?

Does anyone who knows about this stuff have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

We had the same problems on our Excel, entually all the LED strips were replaced under warrenty. We were told by our dealer that they would not be replaced again under warrenty as the vehicle was in its third year. If you check the strips they are posibly Orion which are gaurenteed for 2 years, check Labcraft web site.

We have since changed the van and have been assured by Autotrail that the LEDs fitted now are different and should not cause any problems.

I have replaced some LED strips in my Tracker with items bought from LED HUT. I used the Non Waterproof 60 LEDs per metre self adhesive strips which come in 2.5 metre reels, about £28. Cut to required length, dead easy to fit. Brilliant light. Short offcut lengths can be joined/linked with careful soldering. Choice of light colour shade.

Neil B

try atenlighting.co.uk.

I have replaced most of my crappy labcraft led with replacement items from Atenlighting about £7.00 per strip, perfect fit and excellent quality, they also supply component to upgrade the external awning light to led.

Hope this helps

Archived