imotorhome instructor wanted

michele

I once read in MMM I am sure they were advertising) for women drivers of big vehicles to give 1/2 day course to teach the lady's to drive. Not everyone can take instructions from men I don'tmean that nastily but some women do find the rather largeness of the vehicle's size intimidating . this I think is a good idea I would gladly do if for free. help other people also it pays if two drive just incase one is sick which has happened to us before.

I completely agree with you, I worked in a women's Jail as an instructor for four years and the prisoners were terrible at taking my instructions. Seriously though your point about both being willing to drive is really sensible. This should be as important in your buying decision as the layout, make or what ever else you desire when buying. Women are Known to be better drivers and I for one would like to see more women behind the wheel. It's just as well we have sat nav now cos with all those men navigating the rows would be terrible. Go Motorhoming Driving you all the way

Guest starspirit
Now that we have established that women are superior in everything they do perhaps we should allow them to do the really responsible jobs like emptying the loo and refilling the water tank, but only after they have learnt (from a man of course) how to wash and polish the van properly?

Michelle Good idea.Only 1 problem with it,I`d have to be in the m/h while her highness was driving!!!! Of course women are better drivers,they can do anything better than a man BUT if they don`t want to then we are INSTRUCTED to!! Woman makes all the rules. Woman breaks rules when they want to. Wobetide any man that tries that. Y ou can tell that I`m the ruler of our homestead,is your hubby? (lol) (lol) (lol)

And we got a red fox from Ausie Graphics for the back of the camper. Me and the Mrs have over the years been trying to out do each other in the driving license stakes. She got HGV Class3 then Class 1 then PSV all classes on a 10 litre double decker with a crash box. Not to be up-staged I took the HGV class1 straight off and passed - then failed the PSV as I was too agressive. (Grrrrrrrr). But I got a coach license under "grandfathers rights" as we had a Bedford Duple Vista coach of our own (converted to a camper silly!) I have a forklift license (part of the job) so she went on a training course and got one. Then through the WI she went on a IAM driving course and passed as an advanced driver. BUT she hasn,t got a proper motorcycle license. (yet) So yes we are both terrible passengers but also quite competitive. What was this thread all about?? C.

[QUOTE]Clive - 2006-07-17 7:11 PM And we got a red fox from Ausie Graphics for the back of the camper. Me and the Mrs have over the years been trying to out do each other in the driving license stakes. She got HGV Class3 then Class 1 then PSV all classes on a 10 litre double decker with a crash box. Not to be up-staged I took the HGV class1 straight off and passed - then failed the PSV as I was too agressive. (Grrrrrrrr). But I got a coach license under "grandfathers rights" as we had a Bedford Duple Vista coach of our own (converted to a camper silly!) I have a forklift license (part of the job) so she went on a training course and got one. Then through the WI she went on a IAM driving course and passed as an advanced driver. BUT she hasn,t got a proper motorcycle license. (yet) So yes we are both terrible passengers but also quite competitive. What was this thread all about?? C. Glad you made it home OK. Richards mod worked a treat. I thought Jan got a 9.6 for artistic impression when doing "wheelies" on her bike. It certainly wasn't for technical merit 8-) Don Yes, what was the thread about :$

I drive ours and I empty the toilet and fill up the water and put the awing up (abeit a bit of a stretch), and all the other various jobs - only 'cause Charles is in the TA and is away at least 2 weekends a month, and I don't like to see my pride and joy sitting outside the house doing nothing when we could be out and about. Took a lot of courage to make myself go out there and do it - I drove round the streets of Grantham for practice - I have never liked heavy traffic - and still avoid a big roundabout just outside sleaford and always go through the town - it's just too busy and the traffic goes so fast and no-one ever seems to signal - so it is much less stressful to negotiate Sleaford town:) I am not an aggressive driver, in fact don't like driving which is a shame - wish there were 'like driving pills' if there were I would take them(lol) carol

my usual objection to emptying the loo is that the disposal point always seems to be next to the gents, or even in the gents. advantage of ladies emptying would be that we would do it more frequently and so it wouldn't be such a horrible chore B-)

Kevin you should also learn never challenge a lady . Anything you can do we do better than you .....including multi tasking . 23 yars ago when I was driving Double Deckers Buses around the centre and the inner parts of london I was told you won't pass . In them days you used to have the Dep Of Transport test a bit like on the buses. down the dip under the bridge throw it into the skid patch .. And And I wasn't going to beaten by any man telling me I couldn't . The Instructor A MAN said women are better they turn up and no nothing ........... Men on the otherhand think they know it all...haha ..yes I do empty the loo and whilst my husband is a police driving advanced driver I still teach him the big toy's......... But then I had a father who believed in his daughter and said no such thing as can't. I never looked back .

Archived