I know insurance questions are boring... but - Annual travel in surance?

rubberrat

We usually take a standard multi-trip insurance with Flexi-Cover which covers trips of up to 30 days, used to be around £40-£60 for the two of us (aged 52 & 57 - no medical issues at all)

We now want to take cover for up to 100 days away, and boy, does that shoot up in price! On-line quotes coming in at around £140+

Any good pointers for, say 100 days in Europe? The forum search brought up zero results - I would have thought this to be a common query..

Anyway, what do you have as cover, who do you use and what roughly do you pay as a couple?

Its cold, I'm fed up and need to head South!

rubberrat - 2012-12-17 9:54 PM

We usually take a standard multi-trip insurance with Flexi-Cover which covers trips of up to 30 days, used to be around £40-£60 for the two of us (aged 52 & 57 - no medical issues at all)

We now want to take cover for up to 100 days away, and boy, does that shoot up in price! On-line quotes coming in at around £140+

Any good pointers for, say 100 days in Europe? The forum search brought up zero results - I would have thought this to be a common query..

Anyway, what do you have as cover, who do you use and what roughly do you pay as a couple?

Its cold, I'm fed up and need to head South!

I would have said that is a reasonable price for Ins. You will find that it gets MUCH more expensive when you are over 70. Does your house Ins cover for being away for that lenth of time?

Hi Rubberrat,

We find Tescos good and we have even had cause to make a claim a few years ago and they were excellent at dealing with it. They do long trip multi cover. It would be no good telling you what we pay as I do have medical issues which load the premiums. Another little plus for us is the points we gather on the premium go towards the cost of the tunnel to France.

good luck

derek

Hi, We use the travel insurance that comes with the Pussy Cats RBS account, but we have extended it on a rolling year basis. Have used it once some time a go (pre-motorhome days) when we were delayed with an air traffic controllers strike, no problem reclaiming expenses incurred.

Cheers and have a good trip when you go.

Guest 1footinthegrave
rubberrat - 2012-12-17 10:05 PM

Saga come in at £147... 90 days seems to give insurers the scares! What about all you winter escapees?

Perhaps they simply don't bother, and just rely on the EHIC, I have a friend the same age as me ( 67 ) who travels extensively and has never took out health insurance period. For myself I've always thought there is a nich market for a company to offer just reparation of a body service. :-S

1footinthegrave - 2012-12-18 1:05 PM

Saga come in at £147... 90 days seems to give insurers the scares! What about all you winter escapees?

Perhaps they simply don't bother, and just rely on the EHIC, I have a friend the same age as me ( 67 ) who travels extensively and has never took out health insurance period. For myself I've always thought there is a nich market for a company to offer just reparation of a body service. :-S

I think if you could raise the dead the premium would be more than £147. ;-) . Looks like another gem from the spell checker. Made me laugh.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Wanderbirds - 2012-12-18 1:34 PM

1footinthegrave - 2012-12-18 1:05 PM

I think if you could raise the dead the premium would be more than £147. ;-) . Looks like another gem from the spell checker. Made me laugh.

Sorry I meant repatriation of a body,but I guess you knew that, glad I did not say resurrection ! :-D

Archived