Immigrant claims £250,000 Housing Benefit

Guest Peter James

Admittedly it would be quite correct to pay a 'relocation' allowance but the guy is getting almost £.5 million a year so should pay his own housing costs like us mere mortals....... all this snouts in the trough stuff makes my pacemaker work overtime......rant rant!!

RogerC - 2012-12-19 7:49 PMAdmittedly it would be quite correct to pay a 'relocation' allowance but the guy is getting almost £.5 million a year so should pay his own housing costs like us mere mortals....... all this snouts in the trough stuff makes my pacemaker work overtime......rant rant!!

All you've got to make yourself is as intelligent, well-educated, qualified and experienced as him...oh and as successful in the very top flight of global financial strategic management, law, economic policy etc; and then you would be invited to do the top executive financial job in the UK.Don't be bitter about the success of others. Join them, by working and studying as hard.

BGD - 2012-12-19 9:47 PM
RogerC - 2012-12-19 7:49 PMAdmittedly it would be quite correct to pay a 'relocation' allowance but the guy is getting almost £.5 million a year so should pay his own housing costs like us mere mortals....... all this snouts in the trough stuff makes my pacemaker work overtime......rant rant!!

All you've got to make yourself is as intelligent, well-educated, qualified and experienced as him...oh and as successful in the very top flight of global financial strategic management, law, economic policy etc; and then you would be invited to do the top executive financial job in the UK.Don't be bitter about the success of others. Join them, by working and studying as hard.
Well said sir!

Guest pelmetman
laimeduck - 2012-12-19 10:09 PM

Well said sir!
Can we expect a refund if he cocksup? ;-)

pelmetman - 2012-12-19 10:14 PM
laimeduck - 2012-12-19 10:09 PM

Well said sir!
Can we expect a refund if he cocksup? ;-)
Well said sir........You never know, he might be a Diamond *-) Dave

Bruce....you have just described nearly all those that are at the head or were at the head of our Banking System. 8-) :-D Dave

And that would make it acceptable to the hard working man in the street who pays his taxes to fund this sort of abuse would it?

It's not him personally that makes me a tad angry it is the system that has developed whereby piling huge benefits on top of an already generous salary is deemed acceptable.  A relocation package at the beginning and end of his contract would be in order but come on....paying £250,000 a year for housing costs?   What is he renting for £20,000+ per month?

The question is why are these 'fat cats' (who may or may not be worth their salary) allowed to garner such over the top 'additions' to their pay packet?  Maybe it is because those responsible for these remuneration packages are so closely allied to one another via industry placement that they are looking to their 'self serving futures' enabling them to 'reward each other' sometime in the future.

In the real world it just doesn't happen.  I once saved the company I worked for over $200,000 on one contract...........my reward as told to me by my manager was.....'you've still got  job haven't you?

We are all in this together.....like crap we are.

antony1969 - 2012-12-20 2:36 PM

Governor of the Bank of England , very important job , salary and accommodation £14/£15.000 per week

Premiership footballer ( Wayne Rooney ) kicks a ball , swears a lot not very important job £250.000 per week .

Football is extremely important.

It distracts the masses from what the establishment is getting up to with our money.

:-|

Guest pelmetman

Governor of the Bank of England , very important job , salary and accommodation £14/£15.000 per week

Premiership footballer ( Wayne Rooney ) kicks a ball , swears a lot not very important job £250.000 per week .

Just shows how barking this country is *-).......

Guest Peter James

Well none of that £250,000 per week comes from me Antony, because I have a choice of whether or not to contribute to football. I wouldn't pay anything to watch it. But others chose to do so, therefore he must be worth the money or they would not chose to pay him.

The difference in this case is we have no choice of whether or not to pay Carney.

Peter James - 2012-12-21 4:24 PM

Well none of that £250,000 per week comes from me Antony, because I have a choice of whether or not to contribute to football. I wouldn't pay anything to watch it. But others chose to do so, therefore he must be worth the money or they would not chose to pay him.

The difference in this case is we have no choice of whether or not to pay Carney.

Peter , If I were Wayne Rooney I would take the money but surely it shows where we are when lads who if it were not for football would probably be inside are earning £250.000 a week for kicking a ball and there are those who are grumbling because The Governor of the Bank of England is getting around £14.000 .

When you say he must be worth it , it's worth noting that most premiership teams operate at a loss and Manchester United who Rooney plays for are millions in debt so I would say no he is not worth it .

Footballers haven't always been ridiculous amounts of money - they used to be on quite a low wage.

Then along came the union organisers, who got themselves some good PR / marketing men.

Add that mix to a section of the public willing to meet their demands - and they start getting paid £250,000 a week

As I don't contribute anything -

Good luck to 'em !

;-)

p.s. Well, maybe a bit through the licence fee.

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2012-12-21 4:40 PM

it's worth noting that most premiership teams operate at a loss and Manchester United who Rooney plays for are millions in debt so I would say no he is not worth it .

If I operated at a loss, I'd be bankrupt 8-)

Archived