UK road pricing revealed by Tories

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave

If anyone can give ONE single thing that through privatisation has become noticeably better / cheaper / more accessible then that would be interesting.

Funny that no one it seems has made the connection between all the crap shipped in by European trucks, massive immigration over the last ten years ( these folk ALL need to get around you know ) the present idiots can only think of a solution that will end up forcing many off the roads ultimately, that's their only game plan.

Now must get the bus timetable out, oh not much use to us, only two on Mondays and Thursdays, only dentist appointment available three months time on a Wednesday . >:-(

Klyne - 2012-12-26 5:49 PM

I might be on my own here but I think road pricing, rather than tolls on some roads, would be a good idea. But only if its introduction did away with VED and reduced duty on fuel. It would be good for me because I only drive about 8000 miles a year over half of which is in Europe. Assuming that charges would vary depending on what roads you use and the time of day many of us would find our annual expense for using a vehicle would likely be less than it is now. It could help those living in more remote communities as it would reduce their costs.

David

And Pigs Will Fly..

Guest 1footinthegrave
mondo - 2012-12-28 5:28 PM

Klyne - 2012-12-26 5:49 PM

I might be on my own here but I think road pricing, rather than tolls on some roads, would be a good idea. But only if its introduction did away with VED and reduced duty on fuel. It would be good for me because I only drive about 8000 miles a year over half of which is in Europe. Assuming that charges would vary depending on what roads you use and the time of day many of us would find our annual expense for using a vehicle would likely be less than it is now. It could help those living in more remote communities as it would reduce their costs.

David

And Pigs Will Fly..

Amen to that ! !

Archived