Second gang of AP7 motorway robbers arrested.

BGD

fairweather camper - 2012-12-27 1:40 PM

My God, I cannot believe the negativity coming from this post, someone is giving you good news, and all you can do is effectivley say so what, its not enough, be thankful that at least one gang has been caught.

Presumably you have no personal experience of this, but many of us have and an annual reminder on the forum will maybe save some inexperienced travellers from being robbed.

We are currently on camping La Torreta in Benidorm, so this sort of thing has never stopped us from driving on the Autopista. Just be aware and if you cannot avoid stopping do not unlock any doors if there is anyone around and dial 112 on a phone making sure you are seen to be doing it.

Bruce is quite correct about the general low level of crime, but unfortunately obvious visitors tend to be targetted as the locals do know about the regular scams in their locality.

Know what?

No.

I simply cannot be arsed any more. You can research yet further for everyone else instead.

If people don't want to come to Spain because they still refuse to believe that crime rates in the UK and most other countries are substantially higher, cannot grasp that a few reports don't equate to an ginormous nationwide crime wave and can't be bothered to do even some basic research themselves to correct their misunderstanding of the facts, then just don't come here.

I'm with you Bruce.

I am very grateful to you for your real time Spanish information which we over here would not know. Please ignore those who think they know better & keep doing what you do.

Archived