Info required on HU631 road in Spain Pyrennees

armstrongpiper

There's a road leading from Escalona (near Ainsa) over the hills via Fanlo to Broto and the Ordesa National Park, the HU631 through the Anisclo Gorge. We travelled this road several times with a car a few years ago, and now are thinking of tackling it next year with our 2008 Tracker Coachbuilt, height 3.1 Metres. I have 'travelled' the road using Google Street View, but couldn't see any information posted about the tunnel dimensions (there are several unpleasant looking tunnels). I wondered if anyone has 'done' this route and can offer any advice as to its feasability for a C/B vehicle.

This is wild and rugged country, well worth the effort to get amongst it, with some fantastc walking.

Wishing everyone a Happy Christmas,

Neil B

Here's some video of what I believe to be part of the route you refer to, taken last July.

I reckon progress along the sections in the video could be rather.................. ummm........interesting, if you've got a big MH.

Thankyou, folks, for your comments/replies. Good idea to ask local tourist infos, so I've emailed a nearby one. Also tried the office in Ainsa, but email returned as 'undeliverable', 'wrong email address'. As for places to stay, the only one I've noticed in the past is a car park about half way along which could be a great overnight stop - view this on 'Street View' near Grotto of St Urbiz.

The videos of the road on U Tube are very good, and the sites lead to some stunning videos of the local valleys and walks up the peaks - roll on Springtime!!

Neil B

armstrongpiper - 2013-01-01 11:21 AM

The videos of the road on U Tube are very good, and the sites lead to some stunning videos of the local valleys and walks up the peaks - roll on Springtime!!

Neil B

I agree. Never been to this area before except for Andorra a few years ago. Some of the links are great.

Thanks Bruce, looks good TR6 country. :-D

Dave

Archived