Bubble & Squeek

Clive

Guest pelmetman
Clive - 2012-12-26 12:01 PM

Oh no, not again!

If ever there was a ruination of good food.

C.

You just don't appreciate the finer things in life Clive *-)........................SIL has brought round the sacrificial pan for me to cook the B&S :D.......................apparently I'm not allowed to use the MIL's anymore on account of the burning of the non stick :$

But you need burn't bits in proper squeek B-)

Our best frying pan is a cast Iron very old LeCrouzet job where the non stick started to come off about 8 years back. So I attacked it with a small angle grinder to clean it back to pure cast iron. Best pan ever now after a little "seasoning" as they say.

But B&S is OK I guess if its done to use up left overs, but to boil up sprouts, spuds, parsnips etc just to make B&S is daft. The only upside is another excuse for me to smother everything in Worcester Sauce.

C.

Clive - 2012-12-26 2:49 PM

But B&S is OK I guess if its done to use up left overs, but to boil up sprouts, spuds, parsnips etc just to make B&S is daft. The only upside is another excuse for me to smother everything in Worcester Sauce.

Using leftovers is the WHOLE POINT of making bubble and squeak ... the veg has to be at least a day old to get the best flavour out of it ... I've never ever boiled up stuff especially to make bubble and squeak so you must have some weird ideas where you come from Clive if that's what you do, no wonder you don't like it!!! :D

Leftovers also make a brilliant hearty soup too ... oh, decisions, decsions, decisions. :-S

For those who are wondering, this thread is on about FOOD ... nothing to do with bubbling of paintwork and squeaking of the coachbuilt body of a motorhome .... *-)

So ... what's it doing in Motorhome Matters???? Because making bubble and squeak in a motorhome is a great way to get a tasty and quick meal. :D

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2012-12-26 4:17 PM

Leftovers also make a brilliant farty soup too ... oh, decisions, decsions, decisions. :-S

;-).................... (lol) (lol) (lol)

Now Black Pudding, that is a favorite for me also.

Tried all sorts and the best we have found so far comes from Hicks Gate Farm, Keynsham near Bristol. That's K E Y N S H A M OK. (As in Horace Batchelor)

When we lived in Basingstoke they delivered to a local butchers about 10 miles away and dropped off some 20 rings at a time in our freezer - together with a bill. I then sent them a cheque. Now who else would do that?

One word of warning to those over 65 who get "test kits" in the post. Do not eat Black pudding for at least a week beforehand cos it screws up the results.

Nuf said!

C.

Archived