Burstner Elegance - CLUTCH

mike kingham

A lot of guesswork is required but if the rear arches are rubbing then surely the air suspension should be pumped up to its maximum lift which is around 60lbs/sq ins. Anything above that merely stiffens the suspension.

Brian Kirby - 2014-04-06 4:22 PM
mike kingham - 2012-12-28 4:28 PMHi - anyone else had problems with the so called automatic gear box CLUTCH on a 2012 Fiat Ducato Burstner Elegance ? Bought mine new in June 2012, by September (and less than 600 miles) the CLUTCH had gone and I lost the ability to pull away from a standstill, whether on the level, on grass or slight incline - just revved away without moving - very embarresing !! .... Had it replaced a month later and after only 100 miles or so it went again .... Fiat are looking in to it ... But it would be nice to hear from anyone else with a similar problem or if anyone has a solution.Thanks Mike :-)
Hello MikeMight I sugget you re-post your query in a new string, as it seems inadvertantly to have been hijacked by Trevor and his possibly similar problem? I think trying to deal with two separate problems on the same string will merely result in confusion.Re the above, I'm puzzled. You bought new in June 2012 and three months later the van would not pull away from standstill. If I understand correctly, the clutch was replaced under warranty in October 2012 and 100 miles later failed again. You then say Fiat are looking into it. Do you mean they have been continually investigating this failure since October 2012, and you have not hand use of the van since then? Surely not. Can you please clarify what went wrong when, and/or what it is that Fiat are now investigating? Can you also say what role the supplying dealer has been playing in this situation? They sold the van and are legally responsible for its failings.

I think that he may have got it fixed by now Brian. His original post was on 28th December 2012. 

Archived