Globecar Trendscout Scottish Owners??

deckboy

Hi

I am thinking of moving from my wee Eriba caravan and buying a wee campervan.

Looking at locally made Fifer S, but really like the look of the Globecar Trendscout. No problem viewing Fifers, but Trendscouts are proving a problem without a long drive.

So, I was wondering if anyone on the forum has a Trendscout and lives in Scotland (I'm in Dundee area), I would really appreciate it if you were willing to "show me yours" :$

Thanks

The only Globecar dealer I know is SMC at Newark, their was a thread on here a while ago about the trendscout, if you do a search you should find it, their may be some info on their. When we first searched for a small van it was one we liked the spec of but on viewing discounted it. No cooking facilty to speak of, rear floor is raised so if you are around 5.10" of over mind your head, good payload though. Fifer in my opinion are much better but depends what you want. Another point when it comes to selling time you may well find a globecar hard to shift for a decent pice.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. At the Scottish Motorhome Show, last February, ther were 2 or 3 Globecars on show. I am not sure who was showing them. It might be worth going; or at least checking to see if they will be there, in 3 weeks time. Also on a Ford base is Roy Wood Transits, who do somethiung similar and great build Quality and British too!

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...
I see E S Hartley, near Kendal is posting Globecars on ebay. Not far off the M6 if you travel south at all. The Tendscout is on a Ford Transit base. Hy last van (a coachbuilt) was on that base vehicle and i was very pleased with it. But the 140 bhp engine has a very high first gear, which on a heavy 3500 plus van is a problem but may not be on a van conversion. Worth checking b 4 u buy.

Archived