Refillable gas adapter - Spain

rp272

We have an Alugas refillable cylinder in our motorhome. You may not recognise the name but it does the same job as Gaslow but is lighter.

Most of our trips to Europe do not necessitate the refilling of cylinders while out of the UK but we are considering a couple of months in Spain if the weather here does not improve.

I have read that there is a new style Spanish adapter that is intended to replace the standard Euro one from 2010.

I know how speedy and efficient (mild sarcasm) the Spanish are with the introduction of anything new. After all it has only been 2 years...

I wonder what other forum members experience is. Can I rely on just taking the new style oe will I require both.

I will attempt to attach a couple of picture of the adapters in question.

kindest regards

Roger

1570619641_SpanishLPGadapter.png.55175123f79b08777407085e5c884b21.png

1615952565_EuroLPGadapter.jpg.e05e3d0b6b0241873a04ab6276f8d2cb.jpg

The bottom pic. is an "Acme" thread one and is widely used throughout Europe including Spain.

The top pic. is a "Euronozzle" adaptor. These are fitted at most Repsol stations and a few other places.

There are others in use in Spain and you might come across any of them but those two adaptors should cover most eventualities. Some filling stations have a set of adaptors they will loan you if you ask, you have to leave something as a "deposit" though.

H

Guest JudgeMental
I only filled up once in Spain last year and none of my 3 adapters worked...the garage just handed me the new euro one and that was it......

Archived