Hymer 630 Starline Electric Step (2002 )

balbybob

I had the problem firstly a few months back when the omnistep wouldn`t retract. I took the drive linkage off to get home. On arrival at home i tried the electric switch and it worked, put the drive linkage back on and it would work for a few weeks then pack up again. It would fail both ways, either wouldnt come out or wouldnt go back in. This has happened now on several occasions and due to the lack of daylight ( yes i do work ) when i get home i have taken the linkage off and replaced it with a support so it pulls out manually. The switch in the cab is powered at all times even with the main 12 volt switch off. The switch also powers the single light above the inside of the door. The switch has two power wires coming into the switch and 4 small ones out ( 2 for the light and 2 for the step ) The switch assy. also has 2 round circuit boards and 2 small relays. Even when the switches dont work there is 12 volts to the switch. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it work or a wiring diagram. :'(

Archived