pub carparks

tonyclaire

Guest Had Enough
Dave Newell - 2013-01-06 8:15 PM

Well I for one agree with Tracker! I know this is a rare occurrence probably not to be repeated for a decade or two but I think he is bang on the money on this one. If you intend to stay on a pub car park why do you have to consume alcohol? Pubs also serve non alcoholic drinks, fruit juices, tea, coffee, even alcohol free beers. Just to clarify my position I speak as someone who is more than accustomed to the demon drink butit is a consant source of surprise to me that people who claim "I don't drink" will often feel it acceptable to have two or even three pints then drive hom once in a while. I drink regularly but do not drive for at least twelve hours after drinking yet as a frequent drinker the lacohol is likely to have less effect on me than someone who "doesn't drink" but will have two pints at a party and feel ok to drive home.

D.

The point isn't whether people should or shouldn't have a glass or two of wine with their meal if staying on a pub car park but Tracker's vile attacks and insinuations that people who do enjoy a drink are some kind of addicts and addicts who 'don't have a life'.

The question was simply about the legality of staying on a pub car park after having a couple of drinks and personally, a meal without a glass of good wine is, for many of us, somewhat lacking. And it's not because we're addicts or alcoholics, or whatever vile slur this despicable creature levels at us, but because we enjoy the good things in life and are not miserable and penny-pinching puritans.

Is it unreasonable to ask the question? If it turns out to be illegal then most people wouldn't drink if staying on a pub car park, but if it is perfectly legal why shouldn't we enjoy a drink or two with our meal?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Had Enough
Tracker - 2013-01-06 8:26 PM

Had Enough - 2013-01-06 8:13 PM

I only pop in here every few weeks.

I wonder who else will now coincidentally also creep out from under their stone to have a go?

Well, let's face it, there are enough of us out there who think that you're a despicable, slimy, sly and trouble-making stirrer, so it surely can't be unexpected? (lol)

Had Enough - 2013-01-06 8:28 PM

Well I for one agree with Tracker! I know this is a rare occurrence probably not to be repeated for a decade or two but I think he is bang on the money on this one. If you intend to stay on a pub car park why do you have to consume alcohol? Pubs also serve non alcoholic drinks, fruit juices, tea, coffee, even alcohol free beers. Just to clarify my position I speak as someone who is more than accustomed to the demon drink butit is a consant source of surprise to me that people who claim "I don't drink" will often feel it acceptable to have two or even three pints then drive hom once in a while. I drink regularly but do not drive for at least twelve hours after drinking yet as a frequent drinker the lacohol is likely to have less effect on me than someone who "doesn't drink" but will have two pints at a party and feel ok to drive home.

D.

vile attacks insinuations addicts vile slur despicable creature

Not the kind of terminology that should be used when the original posting did not contain the same terminology and was a general observation not targeted at any individual?

Guest Had Enough
Tracker - 2013-01-06 8:32 PM

Had Enough - 2013-01-06 8:28 PM

D.

vile attacks insinuations addicts vile slur despicable creature

Not the kind of terminology that should be used when the original posting did not contain the same terminology and was a general observation not targeted at any individual?

No, it was just targeted at everyone who enjoys a glass of wine! Are you really so stupid that you don't understand what you write?

Anyway, I'm off for a couple of glasses of a very nice Beaune. You should try it sometime although I doubt you've the palate to appreciate it.

How many people have to explain to you what nasty and vile posts you make before the penny drops? I go along with the views expressed by others recently though, in that you can't help it. It's just in your nature to be sly, underhand and rather creepy. I suppose we should pity you really.

Had Enough - 2013-01-06 8:41 PM

How many people have to explain to you what nasty and vile posts you make before the penny drops? I go along with the views expressed by others recently though, in that you can't help it. It's just in your nature to be sly, underhand and rather creepy. .

Coming from one who only ever posts on here to voice a personal attack that really is hypocritical, but then hypocrisy, snide bitchiness and trying to be smart is so obviously your whole reason for posting but unfortunately you are just not bright enough to understand that.

Guest Had Enough

Mmmm? I suspect that I'm better educated and much more intelligent than you. You are a man who, after living seventy years, hasn't noticed that the possessive pronoun its doesn't have an apostrophe in it!

It's means it is! Perhaps when you read all the examples of it being written correctly you assume that everyone else is wrong and that you're the only one who's right?

For your enlightenment, possessive pronouns such as yours, its, theirs and ours don't carry a possessive apostrophe because they're already possessive. As you would boringly say - simples! Well, for those of us with a brain anyway.

Don't bother thanking me for the English lesson!

(lol) Hic!

Archived