Advice on overnighting at Brittany Ferries Bilbao port

Matrix Meanderer

Our Brittany Ferry 10.45 departure to Portsmouth on 3 February has been moved from Santander to Bilbao due to "technical problems" at Santander.

At least we have plenty of notice but this b***ers up my pre booked campsite arrangements near Santander as its at least 90 miles to Bilbao from the campsite and I don't fancy a long drive at theat time in the morning.

I see from previous posts that it is possible to overnight on the quay in the departure lines for the 10.45 ferry. Apart from some shipyard noise this seems to be a reasonable location but obviously no services.

The BF port guide says:

"Parking at Bilbao port

The port offers parking with designated disabled parking areas.Parking for camper vans, caravans and cars is available overnight in the terminal car park."

Is this a reasonable overnight option?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

as i said 2wks ago,yes you can park overnight at Bilbao port, come up off ship,follow road along front of awaiting departures,keep goin to end,on left is coffee shop,in front of you now is ticket office,STOP in this area or you will be out of port before you realise it,if pos. the best place to park is back up to seawall.

very quiet,safe,well away from noisy shipyards,thats history, port area has been totally redesigned fairly recently,have good hol, Dave

p/s just heard tail end on radio about ferries to Bilbao stopped,check now,

Archived