On Time, No Kidding

starvin marvin

Had a problem with the drain down valve from the in-board water tank in our Hymer B584. This was leaking (ie dripping) into the van.

So after taking the van to Mr Fixit, (who couldn't fix it!) I drove straight to Brownhills at Newark, so the parts dept could see the offending "bit".

A very helpful chap, searched on the computer for the part, couldn't find it, came out had a look, took a 'photo, e-mailed it to Hymer, and spoke to "Max" on the 'phone who then e-mailed back a 'photo of the now modified part.He then checked in the spares dept to see if there were anything like it in stock, no luck.

Meanwhile I had travelled home and the nice chap had forwarded the 'photo to me, time was against us ordering the part before Christmas.....so yesterday was the first day back at work for Hymer folks. The part was ordered, I agreed to pay for express home delivery (to speed the process up, fingers crossed) Bingo! DHL have just delivered the part to our home the next day ...28hrs after the order was placed, as promised by Brownhills!

This is excellent service, and a first for me from Brownhills. Anyway I've just rung the nice chap, Scott Holland and thanked him for his efforts. His response "Any problems give me a ring please". Like lots of m'homersI I've had issues with Brownhills lack of service, but not this time...this is Marks and Spencer standard from Brownhills, Hymer and DHL.

I'm really chuffed, and the van goes back to Mr Fixit tomorrow, and hopefully all will be well.....have I spoken too soon? We'll see, watch this space.

I have had a very good service more than similar from the one of the new Hymer agents Travelworld near Telford, I believe Brownhills are now only a service agent and no longer a dealer. I bought my first Hymer from Madisons in Kirkham before John Lunt sold to Brownhills.

Will, have you had much to do with Travelworld on Hymers? I ask because they are my nearest Hymer dealers, seem to get good satisfaction ratings, but also seem to get comments about high prices. Their service contracts, which are a good idea, certainly seem to suggest they are either slow or have a high labour rate.

My next van will be a Hymer Exsis - based on the current market - anytime between now and three years. Until Hymer appoint a North West dealer - and I think this is unlikely unless they can persuade Todds - Travelworld will remain my closest Hymer dealer. I did like the man from Kimberley Caravans because he knew his stuff.

Archived