Greetings from Sunny Portugal

vindiboy

Hi all , well we are still in Sunny Portugal, weather has been great ,sunny days and chilly evenings, we have been up and down the Algarve for 3 weeks  now, wild camping all the time, no problems anywhere we are currently at OLAHAO  parked outside the Police Station  we slept here last night with about 15 other vans and it is  a very convenient place to be as it is only a short walk into town  for the bars and cafes.Lots  of A Framers here  so the rumours must be false, many Brits too.We plan another night here then on to Fusseta , wild camping  on the Quay Side we  hope, that is where we usually stay anyway.Gas refills are about 80 cents a litre and Diesel  averages 1-39 cents a litre so all is good,  Hope you are all having fun where ever you are best wishes Malc.

Hi Malc - so glad the trip is working out well for you - if a tad envious!!

I must admit from what you say Portugal seems a lot more attractive than potentially crowded Southern Spain right now and maybe worth the extra 'few' miles when we get away in hopefully a few weeks time - and a whole lot more attractive than a very soggy UK right now?

Guest Peter James
vindiboy - 2013-01-12 12:29 PM

Hi all , well we are still in Sunny Portugal, weather has been great ,sunny days and chilly evenings, we have been up and down the Algarve for 3 weeks  now, wild camping all the time, no problems anywhere we are currently at OLAHAO  parked outside the Police Station  we slept here last night with about 15 other vans and it is  a very convenient place to be as it is only a short walk into town  for the bars and cafes.Lots  of A Framers here  so the rumours must be false, many Brits too.We plan another night here then on to Fusseta , wild camping  on the Quay Side we  hope, that is where we usually stay anyway.Gas refills are about 80 cents a litre and Diesel  averages 1-39 cents a litre so all is good,  Hope you are all having fun where ever you are best wishes Malc.

Good to hear that - I think I will try the Algarve in a few weeks time.

(Furthest i have been so far is Gibraltar 3 years ago)

Hi again, well we are now at Castro Marin on the free Aire for a night, then going inland to the Mines at Los Domingos and Pomarao for a few nights , weather still  good although we did have three  cloudy days , still  very warm though and the walks on the beaches have been great.Sun is  back  now and all is good, filled  my gas bottles again today, only took 15  litres but hey ho filling is so easy  just get it as and when we see it, 86 cents a litre  at the nearby BP station, have heard it is cheaper elsewhere but can't be bothered chasing about for it, got Diesel at the same time 1-39 E a litre so that is cheap enough all off set by the great prices at LIDL for the  booze  and food stuffs  that is all so cheap, have fun all Malc.   

Guest Peter James
I was thinking of taking a look at the village of Boliqueime - The Late Clive Dunn (Corporal Jones, Dads Army) apparently lived near there

Archived