ducato indicators

bazooka

My indicators won't go off after using the van.Today i drove about 8 miles to keep things loosend up,iparked up set the alarm.on restarting the van (ducato 15 2004) all the indicator lights stayed on till i reached home.No use of indicators or hazard lights as the are stuck on! this has happened before if i take the negitive lead off and reconect a few houres later every thing works normal setting the alarm and disableing it.But when i use the van on the road the same thing happens again.has any one got any ideas about the cause of this.Any help would be apreciated.

Baz

Hello,

The most likely cause of this problem is a poor connection on the rear of the module in the middle of the dash where the hazard light switch is. This module contains the afore-mentioned haz light switch and any auxiliary options like front fog lights and heated mirrors along with rear fogs. All of the electrics for lighting goes through this module and is quite prone to failure but more often than not it is just a bad connection caused when removing/fitting the radio or when the dash is removed to replace the heater matrix.

If my memory serves me correctly once the radio is removed you can get to the plug on the rear of the module but it's a bit tight.If removing and re-fitting the plug does not fix it you will need a new module and there are several different versions so it's important to get the correct part number or at least one that has exactly the same switches on it as yours.

If you think about it; where else on the vehicle does the wiring for all of the indicators come together?

Other faults that have been attributable to this unit are main beam not working, all indicators flashing when indicating in just one direction, and indicators not working when tail lights operating.

Suffice to say; we keep spares!

Regards,

Nick

Thanks Nick that sounds promising,i've only had the van 3 months the previous owner fitted a radio cum dvd and reversing camera i will get it checked out.Thanks also to brian B .PS i also had to disconect the two leisure batterys for the indicator light to go off ,they work normal again now but haven't moved the van today snowing. Thanks again

Baz

Archived