New Covert Speed Camera's

kelly58

They look a bit 'Vulnerable' to 'interfereance' to me. aren't all speed camera's supposed to be clearly marked as such with yellow paint Etc., ?? I certainly try to keep to the limits, but it is possible to accidently 'stray' over when overtaking. Ray

Relevant to the post above taken from 'pocketgpsworld' web site....

Pictures of a supposed new type of covert speed camera being tested in the UK is spreading through Facebook and email.

The picture of the 'camera' which is installed into the central barrier/armco is accompanied by a variety of information such as the claim that it is being trialled on the A52 in Nottingham and on the A1 in Lincolnshire.

The claims are entirely false. The images have been lifted from a Swiss Police PowerPoint presentation where this device is being trialled. The device is NOT a speed camera, it is a speed measurement instrument and it is deployed in conjunction with the standard speed camera on a pole.

It IS NOT a new form of covert speed camera and IT IS NOT being tested in the UK. Please spread the word to correct the misinformation being passed around.

Pity they are`nt real might catch a few other speedsters. I`m not in favour of nabbing all those who drift

1-2MPH down a slope nor using cameras as a cash cow but speeding is about as anti-social as drinking or using a phone at the wheel. Provided speed limits are clearly marked and cameras placed at positions where speeding is likely to cause accidents I`m all in favour.

mirage - 2013-01-14 8:40 PMPity they are`nt real might catch a few other speedsters. I`m not in favour of nabbing all those who drift 1-2MPH down a slope nor using cameras as a cash cow but speeding is about as anti-social as drinking or using a phone at the wheel. Provided speed limits are clearly marked and cameras placed at positions where speeding is likely to cause accidents I`m all in favour.

Exactly the point.....so many cameras are nothing more than cash generators....and despite what it promoted by the likes of BRAKE etc speed does not cause accidents short of mechanical failure..... people do.  The only area I would agree with is that inappropriate speed can make the results of an accident worse but in itself speed does not cause accidents.  Oh and I presume you meant drink driving not drinking per se.

Guest 1footinthegrave
God these all these speed camera's do my head in, an old fart like my mate Roger get's done for 34, and yet on a daily basis I see idiots using their mobile phones, I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I know who I would sooner have coming towards me, it would be Roger, rather than some ****head looking down at their lap sending or reading a text message. On that basis I would love to see "covert" cameras that can spot these real threats to road safety, not someone a few mph over the limit. It is all about revenue, not road safety, there was a time a copper would follow you and make a judgement to your driving, and probably get a ticking off if you were a bit over, not any more, we're all classed as boy racers by these stupid cameras, while the real boy racers go unpunished.

1footinthegrave - 2013-01-15 11:20 AM

God these all these speed camera's do my head in, an old fart like my mate Roger get's done for 34, and yet on a daily basis I see idiots using their mobile phones, I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I know who I would sooner have coming towards me, it would be Roger, rather than some ****head looking down at their lap sending or reading a text message. On that basis I would love to see "covert" cameras that can spot these real threats to road safety, not someone a few mph over the limit. It is all about revenue, not road safety, there was a time a copper would follow you and make a judgement to your driving, and probably get a ticking off if you were a bit over, not any more, we're all classed as boy racers by these stupid cameras, while the real boy racers go unpunished.

You are bang on i thought it was just me, the more i see the idiots who cant even be bothered to sit up straight slumped in the drivers seat fag on texting and doing well over the speed limit the more i despair when they come up behind you and are itching to get by no matter what the hazzards. Having said that i would sooner them be in front of me and at least you might get the satisfaction of seeing them end up in a ditch!

The trouble with speed limits is some drivers don't see em as a limit they see em as a TARGET..It says 50 lets do 50..it says 70 etc etc etc..I've seen it too many times..certain places where it say's lets say 50..I wouldn't drive at that speed as I would consider it too fast especially in a fully loaded vehicle..yea fine in your average Citroen saxo but in an all up Motorhome nah..

Archived