Gloves?

Tracker

You can buy silk gloves-no not that type-they are a liner for regular gloves. If worn under thin leather gloves they are very effective. Usually available from military surplus or cycling suppliers.

These look good

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001RDGCYC/ref=asc_df_B001RDGCYC11504488?smid=A2ONOP2HHHI4TN&tag=shoppingmp20859-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B001RDGCYC

Hi Rich,

I am with Roger on that one; I bought the Phantom Grip ones made by Rab from Go Outdoors. They are very thin but are warm enough for most conditions and are very grippy too. When it gets colder still I use the same make -Rab and their Baltoro or Latok gloves are thicker and very toasty indeed. All available at Go Outdoors.

Nick

Guest JudgeMental

I wear kid leather gloves, very comfortable and warm..like a second skin. Just go to a decent department store and treat her.

For cycling, Lidl winter gloves and also their gel padded fingerless gloves for most of the time....

JudgeMental - 2013-01-17 9:49 AM

I wear kid leather gloves, very comfortable and warm..like a second skin...

Eddie.. do these form part of the "stage outfit" that you'll be using for your "season" in the Benidorm clubs..? 8-) (lol)

( .."..you can keep your gloves on..da da da da da daa.. " (lol) )

malc d - 2013-01-17 10:25 AM

I haven't found any gloves that keep my fingers from freezing when cycling in cold weather, and I' ve got four or five pairs.

Went out yesterday - minus 4 degrees - and had to stop every couple of miles to thaw my fingers out.

:-|

Yep and the toes suffer a bit too

HWO

HWO - 2013-01-17 11:42 AM

malc d - 2013-01-17 10:25 AM

I haven't found any gloves that keep my fingers from freezing when cycling in cold weather, and I' ve got four or five pairs.

Went out yesterday - minus 4 degrees - and had to stop every couple of miles to thaw my fingers out.

:-|

Yep and the toes suffer a bit too

HWO

Agreed, but, well worth it for the scenery !

;-)

Guest JudgeMental
pepe63 - 2013-01-17 10:27 AM

JudgeMental - 2013-01-17 9:49 AM

I wear kid leather gloves, very comfortable and warm..like a second skin...

Eddie.. do these form part of the "stage outfit" that you'll be using for your "season" in the Benidorm clubs..? 8-) (lol)

( .."..you can keep your gloves on..da da da da da daa.. " (lol) )

Honestly! That would spoil the surprise for the ladythings...You can que up and pay along with everyone else!! *-)

Bit old fashioned I know but the best answer is to wear normal gloves in conjunction with those good old fashioned hand warming mitts worn on a cord round the neck as seen in period plays. My mother used to use them and swore they were simply the best thing around to keep a ladies hands warm

I don't quite understand why Thinsulate gloves don't work for you Rich, I bought a pair today in Brum for £3 and they're fantstic, my hands have been lovely and warm all day and the temp has been sub zero for most of it. Is there perhaps a blood circulation issue causing the cold hands? I suffer with slightly poor circulation to my feet and they're the first thing to go cold and the last things to warm up.

D.

Dave Newell - 2013-01-20 12:33 AM

I don't quite understand why Thinsulate gloves don't work for you Rich, I bought a pair today in Brum for £3 and they're fantstic, my hands have been lovely and warm all day and the temp has been sub zero for most of it. Is there perhaps a blood circulation issue causing the cold hands? I suffer with slightly poor circulation to my feet and they're the first thing to go cold and the last things to warm up.

D.

Thanks Dave, I tried the thinsulate gloves again today and after only about 15 mins my fingers were cold enough to take the gloves off and put my hands in my pockets. That said, they are still better than any other gloves that I have be they leather, wool or polyester.

I have always had a problem with cold fingers and toes and hypertension medication does not help with that aspect, but my perception is that because the thinsulate gloves are quite thick and bulky it is difficult to move my fingers and finger movement does seem to help the circulation when wearing thinner gloves?

My thanks to all who have contributed and I think we will have a look at some skiing type gloves when next in town as Dot has the same problems with her circulation.

Archived