Renault Master: "Spanner" icon on dash...?

pepe63xnotuse

Are there any Renault Master owners out there,who could please assist me in identifying the "small spanner" icon that has just appeared on the dash of my '08 Master?

It's not in the main array of warning lights,nor is it of a similar scale.

(..it's a tiny little things,next to the fuel gauge).

I originally assumed it was a service interval indicator of sorts(..I have vehicle serviced by an independent garage,so just pressumed that they hadn't "reset" something)but having scoured through the handbook,it doesn't appear to be that(as it has "Serv" warning lights,in the main array)...and this "spanner" icon isn't mentioned at all...

I've had a quick "google" but no luck yet...any ideas,before I try going down the Renault "dealer" route...?

Thanks

303144655_Renaultdisplay1.jpg.8609153800eda8493a34c6d94090b2e2.jpg

923780391_Renaultdispaly2.jpg.67d9fe34fe4fd9c0543d3215668a8d99.jpg

..after a little more "googling",it appears as if this is/may be a service interval indicator of sorts(..although odd that it isn't mentioned in the handbook).

As for the method for "turning it off"/zeroing it...well!...I would've never stumbled across that..?! 8-)

As it involved:

1) turning ign' off,

2) depressing the throttle,

3) turning key on(two clicks)

4) and whilst still depressing the throttle press the brake pedal three times.....

5)..turn keys "off".... Finish...Easy... 8-) :-D

Well,the "spanner" has gone..but lets just hoped I haven't b*ggered something else up! *-)

edit:Thanks for that RobinH'..Sorry I missed your post.

At least the chap in your link used a similar method.

(..although I see someone makes a reference to the "trip computer" section of the handbook but as we haven't got one fitted I hadn't checked that section.... :$ )

Thanks again....

pepe63 - 2013-01-16 11:43 AM

..after a little more "googling",it appears as if this is/may be a service interval indicator of sorts(..although odd that it isn't mentioned in the handbook).

As for the method for "turning it off"/zeroing it...well!...I would've never stumbled across that..?! 8-)

As it involved:

1) turning ign' off,

2) depressing the throttle,

3) turning key on(two clicks)

4) and whilst still depressing the throttle press the brake pedal three times.....

5)..turn keys "off".... Finish...Easy... 8-) :-D

Well,the "spanner" has gone..but lets just hoped I haven't b*ggered something else up! *-)

edit:Thanks for that RobinH'..Sorry I missed your post.

At least the chap in your link used a similar method.

(..although I see someone makes a reference to the "trip computer" section of the handbook but as we haven't got one fitted I hadn't checked that section.... :$ )

Thanks again....

And probably saved yourself at least £20 or £30 +VAT for a garage to do exactly the same.

Don`t forget to write it down and put it in the Handbook.

I have actually found it mentioned in the handbook now.. :$ ..in the "trip computer" section.

(...as we haven't got one,I never gave it a second glance...)and if I'm reading it correctly,this icon,together with the figures along side it,acts as a "countdown" to the service...

(..we've had it serviced a few times since we've had it and this is the first time this "spanner" has ever come on..and as I doubt the garage has been "zeroing" it,I can only assume we've been "over-servicing" it... (lol) )

..but because we hadn't seen it in the past, for such a small icon,it was strangely "unsettling" 8-) (lol)

...if it is as per my experience with other vehicles, you may find that the current mileage, less the "standard" mileage-based service interval, will coincide with a mileage at which it was serviced AND had the interval reset.

i.e. if you current mileage is 16995, and the standard mileage interval is 12000, then it was probably serviced and reset at 4995 (though there may be a warning margin of, say, 100 miles in advance of the actual interval).

Hi RobinH'..

If you can just about make out in the second photo a figure of 1681..this figure only flashes for a few seconds...According to the handbook,the spanner icon should light up 1800 miles "before service"

..and as it lit up when we were down in Bristol(about 120miles from home),it does seem to be counting down...

It's all very clever stuff,I must say... (lol)

Archived