worst job in the world ?

antony1969

Pulling down a scaffold on a house on the tops above Huddersfield this morning I wondered if I had the worst job out of all on here . My hands were like ice blocks on the freezing scaffold tubes and the school kids walking past laughing at my misfortune and pelting me with snowballs only made it worse .

Before anyone harps on about " yes but in the summer it must be nice " just remember the summer we've just had .

There has to be easier ways of making money , benefits I suppose .

laimeduck - 2013-01-16 12:55 PMI should think a worse job at the moment would be the chief meat buyer at Tescos? :D :D

They make Salami from Donkey Meat so no problem with Naggy Burgers.

Nothing wrong with my job at the moment fully retired in a nice warm bungalow.

antony1969 - 2013-01-16 11:55 AM

Pulling down a scaffold on a house on the tops above Huddersfield this morning I wondered if I had the worst job out of all on here . My hands were like ice blocks on the freezing scaffold tubes and the school kids walking past laughing at my misfortune and pelting me with snowballs only made it worse .

Well, Antony, at least you are one of the few people who can rightly claim to have started at the bottom and worked your way to the top.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2013-01-16 1:24 PM

Well, Antony, at least you are one of the few people who can rightly claim to have started at the bottom and worked your way to the top.

;-)

I thought you'd retired Antony? :-S.....................Just to cheer you up, its been overcast all day here in Spain :-(..............even had the fan heater going in the awning.................which made my beer warm 8-).......

Before anyone harps on about " yes but in the summer it must be nice " just remember the summer we've just had .

Can't be that bad of a job if you have a lap top up there with you, *-) :-D :-D

pelmetman - 2013-01-16 3:07 PM

malc d - 2013-01-16 1:24 PM

;-)

I thought you'd retired Antony? :-S.....................Just to cheer you up, its been overcast all day here in Spain :-(..............even had the fan heater going in the awning.................which made my beer warm 8-).......

Retired , if only , still another thirty three years before my retirement at sixty five , dont trip the electrics Dave with ya heater .

nowtelse2do - 2013-01-16 4:35 PM

Tis true , I cant live without chatterbox on MMM , even up on the roof . It brightens the day inbetween pinching lead and ripping old people off .

antony1969 - 2013-01-16 5:43pm

Tis true , I cant live without chatterbox on MMM , even up on the roof . It brightens the day inbetween pinching lead and ripping old people off .

That's what I like to see and hear, a genuine worker who takes...........err.!! pride in his job and keeps an eye on the old folk. Good youngish Northerner. :-D

Probably be dead by the time you retire antony, so thanking you now for contributing to my old age state pension. :D

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2013-01-16 7:19 PM

antony1969 - 2013-01-16 5:43pm

That's what I like to see and hear, a genuine worker who takes...........err.!! pride in his job and keeps an eye on the old folk. Good youngish Northerner. :-D

Probably be dead by the time you retire antony, so thanking you now for contributing to my old age state pension. :D

Dave

Dave , no problem you enjoy it , I dont mind looking after the olds , it's all the other's I mind

Why are you always having a dig at people on benefits? thank your lucky stars you are not.

Malc , I don't believe I always do have a go at those on benefits . As far as been lucky that I am not on benefits , luck has nothing to do with it , just a strong work ethic and wanting to provide for my family , a family that I wanted so I should fund .

Maybe some of our workshy / absent fathers may do well to take note .

Antony, so of all the Poles that have flocked over here how many are actually in work and how many are claiming benefits? how many of these Poles are doing time in our jails for various crimes? The Poles have no better work ethic than our own boys, one thing the Poles do have though is a voracious appetite for the drink. Support your own people who are being hammered on daily basis by the ever rising cost of living, so all the people being made redundant by Comet, Jessops, blockbuster and HMV though no fault of their own will become in your eyes scumbag welfare benefit cheats? You would have done well in Stalinist Russia or Hitlers Germany denouncing your fellows.

Malc , it's a non argument for me mate because not once ever have I said there are not legit , unfortunate folk on benefits or that all on benefits are scumbags . What I have said is there are a lot of folk on benefits that should not be getting a penny but that I suppose is the fault of our shoddy system .

As for the Poles , the ones I have come into contact with are doing the low paid jobs our lot do not want .

As for HMV , Jessops , Blockbuster etc I feel for there employees and obviously they are genuine claimants if they have lost there jobs through there employers not adapting to an ever changing world and therefore becoming an irrelevant business .

antony1969 - 2013-01-17 7:42 PM

Malc , it's a non argument for me mate because not once ever have I said there are not legit , unfortunate folk on benefits or that all on benefits are scumbags . What I have said is there are a lot of folk on benefits that should not be getting a penny but that I suppose is the fault of our shoddy system .

As for the Poles , the ones I have come into contact with are doing the low paid jobs our lot do not want .

As for HMV , Jessops , Blockbuster etc I feel for there employees and obviously they are genuine claimants if they have lost there jobs through there employers not adapting to an ever changing world and therefore becoming an irrelevant business .

Antony,

When someone is looking for a job there are several factors that they take into account, enough money to keep themself and family a job that they like and a company that looks after them, you paint a nice rosy picture of Polish workers, hardworking, industrious busy bee's, yes, some of them are. But there are a lot of villains amongst them, In the Crumpsall area of north Manchester they are nothing but a pain in tha ass, buying their cheap booze from Aldi and Lidl they are causing nothing but aggro for decent fok with their fighting, thieving and all manner of problems.

Well Malc as I said my dealings with Poles has only been good , yours not so . Can I just say when you point out when looking for a job " they look for a job they like " that's great but if you have a family or any self respect you take any job that feeds your family don't you ? like the job or not .

Also most jobs these days if low pay are propped up by family credit .

As for finding a company that looks after them , well your self employed Malc so am I and we've both employed lads , as long as they turn up at right time do there work and don't thieve off you then you look after them , balls in there court .

Guest 1footinthegrave

Perhaps some balance.................we have a family right next door to us, NONE of whom have ever had a job, their siblings turn up here with their cars and kids and are exact clones of their scumbag parents, to deny there are thousands more like this is to say the Earth is flat.

Conversely some people on benefits are there through no fault of their own,( there but for the grace of God comes to mind ) and many of them would be happy to be up on a scaffold earning a wage.

But I do find it a bit rich hearing comments about "doing any job" on here, my guess is nobody on here has been employed in a rendering plant as I was for one period,trust me you haven't got a clue when you say do any job, for the most part you've had the luxury of not having to do just any job I suspect.

antony1969 - 2013-01-18 7:26 AM

Well Malc as I said my dealings with Poles has only been good , yours not so . Can I just say when you point out when looking for a job " they look for a job they like " that's great but if you have a family or any self respect you take any job that feeds your family don't you ? like the job or not .

Also most jobs these days if low pay are propped up by family credit .

As for finding a company that looks after them , well your self employed Malc so am I and we've both employed lads , as long as they turn up at right time do there work and don't thieve off you then you look after them , balls in there court .

in total I have worked for myself for 43 years, never employed anyone "cards in" always casual as and when the work was in, the rules of the game was, theres the job, give the right price, do it to my satisfaction and you get paid in cash when the job is done, at the moment due to savage government and local councils cutbacks life is a jungle and its a fight for survival, some will get by and others will fall by the wayside unfortunately. I am not on the tools now as such but I get phone calls on a daily basis from people asking can I recommend someone to do a job for them so I pass the work on to the most suitable lad who always pay me a "butty" on completion.

Archived