Windows 8 comments

Mrs T

Tracker - 2013-01-22 4:29 PM

nowtelse2do - 2013-01-22 4:22 PM

like trying to get the wife to succumb to my charms 8-) >:-) But I keep bumbling on somehow :D :D

Dave

Do you blame her?

The poor lady can probably remember what happened to her all those years ago the last time she fell for your charms Dave!

Rich, I can't remember, must have fell asleep ;-) or fell out the window's (lol)

Dave

Guest 1footinthegrave
Interestingly I've discovered Microsoft have built in the option to "downgrade" from win8 to win7, and no you don't need a Win7 disc,although for a non techy person it would be to say the least a challenge, I've also discovered the reason a COA or Win serial number is missing is because it's now embedded in the machines bios if you buy a machine with it pre-installed as most do .Mmmmm

No BIOS any more - unless you installed Win 8 on an older machine. Now uses The Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) which has the WIn 8 serial No embedded.

I will probably still call it BIOS too. sounds much more friendly - UEFI sounds more like a UN organisation.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Frankkia - 2013-01-22 9:14 PM

No BIOS any more - unless you installed Win 8 on an older machine. Now uses The Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) which has the WIn 8 serial No embedded.

I will probably still call it BIOS too. sounds much more friendly - UEFI sounds more like a UN organisation.

I'm convinced Microsoft is on a self destruct mission, think I'm off to Linux. Besides I'm getting to old to start learning all over again, and thanks to you and looking it up I wonder if this really was the motivation for the change

In 2011, Microsoft was accused by critics and free software/open source advocates (including the Free Software Foundation) for trying to use the secure boot functionality of UEFI to hinder or outright prevent the installation of alternative operating systems, Mmmmmm

Archived