Control panel problems

dakota

Ive an Autotrail savannah 2010 , now and again the control panel has been going blank making a ticking sound , i took panel off and disconnected the power lead then replaced it and everything went back to normal , trouble is its done it again , at the moment the van is on hook up on the drive so i can run a greenhouse heater in it for the cold weather , anybody got any ideas whats going on please ? :-(

I am having the exact same problems with my 2009 A/T Scout, as you say the only way to reset the control panel is to unplug it.I believe the problem is the Sargent PSU 325 power supply which is now obsolete and as been superseded by the PSU 328.Contacting Sargents looks like the best option and see if they are aware of the problem.

regards

Ray

ray love - 2013-01-18 9:02 PM

.I believe the problem is the Sargent PSU 325 power supply which is now obsolete and as been superseded by the PSU 328.Contacting Sargents looks like the best option and see if they are aware of the problem.

Possibly, but when I had this problem on a Tracker some years ago and again on an Autocruise Starlet replacing the panel cured the problem without recurrence.

I think ive cured it , i followed these instructions from the handbook and its ok so far fingers crossed ,

Control panel handling instructions

Control panel software may have crashed. Reboot control panel by

turning off the EC325PSU charger switch and removing fuses 1 & 2

at the EC325PSU (2x20A fuses for leisure and vehicle batteries).

Wait 30 seconds then replace the fuses and turn the charger switch

on.

;-)

dakota - 2013-01-20 3:37 PM

Well its still working ok , yes ive sent an e mail to them and im waiting their reply so well see what happens , thanks .

Update , heard from sargents they say seeing its out of warranty send it to them for repair ,[ as per their website ] so its going to cost me just over £57 , itll be picked up by them , repaired /updated to new spec , tested then sent back , now thats what i call service WELL DONE SARGENTS. ;-)

When they 'repaired' one of mine they phoned me and said it was 'uneconomic' and would it be OK if they sent me a new one for the same price as the new one would be a slightly different colour and did that matter? I thanked them very much and confirmed that I didn't much care what colour it was as long as it worked and it arrived two days later.

As you say brilliant service - mind you the cynic in me asks why so many fail and whether the original quality is good enough in the first place?

Archived