Time for the Cinema

Caddies104

As travelling in Britain may be not what you want to do right now, we have recently seen 2 films that are really worth watching

1 - The Impossible, - based on a true story of a Family caught up in the Tsunami.. Spectacular Filming

2 - Les Miserables, - having seen the Stage version a few times did not know how good this may be, BUT was even better, great singing, acting, will definitely recommend it *****

Caddies104 - 2013-01-19 12:13 PMAs travelling in Britain may be not what you want to do right now, we have recently seen 2 films that are really worth watching1 - The Impossible, - based on a true story of a Family caught up in the Tsunami.. Spectacular Filming2 - Les Miserables, - having seen the Stage version a few times did not know how good this may be, BUT was even better, great singing, acting, will definitely recommend it *****

The good lady and myself went to see Les Mis at the cinema having seen the stage show many times in the West End and once Bristol and to be honest I thought that it was 'probably' a good film for those with no prior knowledge of the stage show.  Whilst the scenes were obviously on a much grander scale than any stage show could manage I thought Russel Crowe was very poor (bad vocals and a somewhat wooden performance) and Sasha Baron Cohen/Bonham Carter were mis-cast.  Baron Cohen I felt was also somewhat over the top in places.  IMO it wasn't a patch on the stage productions which I would gladly go to time and time again but the cinema for another viewing?.....sorry no.

Dr Dave - 2013-01-19 12:31 PM

We have been to see Skyfall and in our opinion the worst Bond film we have ever seen.

Very disapointed in Skyfall, the first half seemed disjointed with the 'mainstream' director putting in what he presumed bond audiances might want to watch and failing misserably, second half seemed to be better. Pity realy as Daniel Criag is IMO the best Bond, much more like the charecter in the books than the likes of Roger Moore et al.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the pictures a fortnight ago :-D the first time in over 20 years to see Les Mis I loved it I now want the soundtrack, the only thing I didnt like was not being able to sit with my feet up !!!! (lol) and the seats were very uncomfortable being in the old Cinema !!

I watched The Impossible last night it was amazing and very upsetting knowing that this really happened only a couple of years ago, a lot of it was real footage as well.

I watched the Abe Lincoln film last week I wasnt struck with it, I would have been more interested if it had showed him growing up as well rather than just the last years of his life it was disappointing .

Caddies104 - 2013-02-04 10:09 PM

Just watched Looper on DVD, now that's a film that you need to put your Brain in gear!!! But a good film if you can keep track....... Good Luck!?!

Can I just ask,is it "cleverly complicated" or is it,as is sometimes the case with American stuff,just "complicated in order to seem clever"? (..if that makes sense..) :-D

Also,to Maggs'..

..So you don't rate Lincoln that highly then..?..We were toying with going to see that...but if I'm going to spend 2 1/2hrs on a cinema seat,the film has got to be bl**dy worth it...! (lol)

Guest JudgeMental

Saw les Mes show up town twice, loved it, and we go to all the top shows (wife has contact) One of my favorites ever..so not to keen on seeing the movie

I enjoyed Django! lots of blood and action...excellent stuff..

I fancy "flight" Denzel Washington excellent in clips I have seen...

pepe63 - 2013-02-06 5:09 PM

Caddies104 - 2013-02-04 10:09 PM

Just watched Looper on DVD, now that's a film that you need to put your Brain in gear!!! But a good film if you can keep track....... Good Luck!?!

Can I just ask,is it "cleverly complicated" or is it,as is sometimes the case with American stuff,just "complicated in order to seem clever"? (..if that makes sense..) :-D

Also,to Maggs'..

..So you don't rate Lincoln that highly then..?..We were toying with going to see that...but if I'm going to spend 2 1/2hrs on a cinema seat,the film has got to be bl**dy worth it...! (lol)

Oh hey dont go by me !!! read the review on here if the link works!! it is more of a mans film and Daniel Day Lewis did play the part well.

http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?source=search_app#q=be+lincoln+film+review&hl=en&tbo=u&source=univ&tbm=nws&sa=X&ei=6hwVUeyNLaay0QXZxoCgAQ&ved=0CC0QqAI&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42080656,d.d2k&fp=ffbd20575db1c5e7&biw=1034&bih=573 :-D

Archived