Dreamfinder

howie

A few years back i was lucky enough to be left a fair sum when a relative sadly passed away. The wife had her heart set on a new kitchen and bathroom, and after sitting down and having a reasoned and adult conversation we placed an order for a brand new campervan from Dreamfinders up in Barnsley. On august 1st. 2003 we took delivery of our pride and joy and for the last three years, have enjoyed every minute of it. However. Having toured Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Cornwall, plus attending many of the Motorhome shows, we have yet to meet another Dreamfinder owner. I realise this model is not exactly mass produced, but surely there is someone out there who has one as well. If so, please let me know. In the meantime, the search continues. Howard.

[QUOTE]howardtcz - 2006-07-20 12:26 AM A few years back i was lucky enough to be left a fair sum when a relative sadly passed away. The wife had her heart set on a new kitchen and bathroom, and after sitting down and having a reasoned and adult conversation we placed an order for a brand new campervan from Dreamfinders up in Barnsley. On august 1st. 2003 we took delivery of our pride and joy and for the last three years, have enjoyed every minute of it. However. Having toured Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Cornwall, plus attending many of the Motorhome shows, we have yet to meet another Dreamfinder owner. I realise this model is not exactly mass produced, but surely there is someone out there who has one as well. If so, please let me know. In the meantime, the search continues. Howard.[/QUOTE] Howard, What about contacting Dreamfinders and find out how many they built, that would be a start Don

One of the members of the Motorhome List came up with this. "I have a feeling that they did not last very long but I may be wrong. If this is the same company their address is listed by 192.com and Companies House as DREAMFINDER MOTORHOMES UK LIMITED UNIT 1 NORTH GAWBER IND EST MAPPLEWELL BARNSLEY SOUTH YORKSHIRE S75 6BP 01226 380 555 01226 380 555 fax" It would be worth a phone call. Don

Thank you guys. Even though you don,t own a Dreamfinder it was kind of you to offer your views and thoughts on the matter. First off Tooks. hope you did not get the impression that i put pressure on the wife. She is quite a big girl, and not the sort to mess about with. ( She never looks at the P.C. either.) but after 38 years of marriage i,ve learned how to put across an idea without raising her suspicions. Derick and Don. I,ve had a go at contacting Dreamfinders, but no joy there. Perhaps they have ceased trading. I hope not as they were really nice people to deal with. But such is life. Do you remember Rab C. Nesbitt out in Spain. He was finally rewarded, and i,m sure if I give it a little bit longer, so shall i. All the best. Howard.

And Finally. Managed to get through to Dreamfinders today. One of the directors, John Slater i think, ( my hearings not to clever ) assured me that not only are they still in business, but are going from strength to strength. He also informed that they are in the process or have already moved to larger premises, and the problems with their website will be resolved as soon as they have the time. It only remains now that either through this forum or with a live sighting, confirmation that i am not the only Dreamer. Howard.

Thank you Don. Unfortunately good news followed by bad. One of the leaf springs on the van has snapped. My local Fiat dealer has just informed me that for a mere £220 + vat they will send me a new one. When i,ve calmed down i,ll start a new thread. Howard.

• 8 months later...
Hi! We bought a Dreamfinder recently, and tried to find out about the company by going to their premised in Barnsley. We were told that they had left the premises, owing a lot of money. The current people on the site said that they thought that someone in Manchester took them over. We tried to find if they were in the local phone book by going into the Rose and Crown in Darton. Nothing. This is the interesting bit! As we were setting off, a young man came running over:He was passing in his car, and could not believe that he saw one of his 'vans'. He said that he was the last ex-director of Dreamfinder and said that if we see any other owner, to give them his name and phone number. Paul Green 07932405610 - he also said that the Rose and Crowm manager knows him well. Also he said that the advert was in the motorhome list because they had paid for it! We bought the van from a trader, but have the name of the previous owner. It would be good to talk with another Dreamfinder owner! yours sincerely Moores

Guest starspirit
[QUOTE]howie - 2006-07-26 10:58 AM Thank you Don. Unfortunately good news followed by bad. One of the leaf springs on the van has snapped. My local Fiat dealer has just informed me that for a mere £220 + vat they will send me a new one. When i,ve calmed down i,ll start a new thread. Howard.[/QUOTE] In my younger days Howie it was essential that springs were replaced in pairs to assure the same ride height and suspension performance from what would then be two identical springs and not one worn and softened and one new and stiff - and we all need a new stiffer set up now and then.

[QUOTE]Moores - 2007-03-31 3:12 PM Hi! We bought a Dreamfinder recently, and tried to find out about the company by going to their premised in Barnsley. We were told that they had left the premises, owing a lot of money. The current people on the site said that they thought that someone in Manchester took them over. We tried to find if they were in the local phone book by going into the Rose and Crown in Darton. Nothing. This is the interesting bit! As we were setting off, a young man came running over:He was passing in his car, and could not believe that he saw one of his 'vans'. He said that he was the last ex-director of Dreamfinder and said that if we see any other owner, to give them his name and phone number. Paul Green 07932405610 - he also said that the Rose and Crowm manager knows him well. Also he said that the advert was in the motorhome list because they had paid for it! We bought the van from a trader, but have the name of the previous owner. It would be good to talk with another Dreamfinder owner! yours sincerely Moores[/QUOTE]Hi Peter, and welcome to the forum. Bit of a relief to find i,m not the only "Dreamer" out here, apart from Mel B of course, and sad to hear that this company has now evidently ceased trading. We bought our van new on Aug 1st 2003, and both the directors at the time were a pleasure to deal with. Tony Parkes was the founder, and a former craftsman/ designer with Bessacar coachbuilders for over 20 years, and along with John Slater turned out what was in my opinion a real quality product at a reasonable price. Most people would say that about their vans, but after almost 4 years of daily use everything functions as it should and not one thing has required any repair or attention on the coachbuild side of things. If I remember right most of the interior was ready made and shipped over from Germany with the extra fittings and assembly completed at the Barnsley workshops. This appeared to be a two man operation though I vaguely remember Paul who also worked for Dreamfinders, but in what capacity I don,t know, but I do know that John Slater was not having much luck healthwise at the time, and let me take this opportunity to wish both himself and all the others involved the very best for the future. I,ve still got the brochures tucked away somewhere Peter, and if there,s any other help or information I can give you then just let me know. Hi Richard, Thank you for your rather belated advice, but only the one leaf spring was replaced due to the low mileage. Not the proper way I agree, but no problems with ride or handling so quite happy with things as they are. As for anything relating to your younger days, I doubt if any of that would have any bearing on anything produced in the last 50 years or so, but kind of you to mention it all the same.

Hi, Thank you for replying. I heard recently from a local converting co. that they may be setting up again as DreamfinderII though. We got an A4 Dreamfinder official flier and a typed 'Fools guide to the Dreamfinder' with the van. If you do have anything different, perhaps you could attach to an e-mail sometime, when it untucks itself!? Thank you. Peter (Cumbria)

Archived