IPad help please

johnsue

JudgeMental - 2013-01-25 6:56 PM

bolero boy - 2013-01-25 6:19 PM

JudgeMental - 2013-01-25 4:57 PM

galaxy super amolied screen (or something!) rated in any reviews I have seen as better then Ipad. its got no connectivity...zilch..I just find it frustrating not being able to download stuff to watch or get email on a £500 + tablet! *-)

Eddie, why cant you get your email on an iPad?

Here is a way that I know of.

Set up a gmail acct.

link Gmail acct to your Orange acct - can do this in gmail settings.

gmail will collect mail from Orange acct

load ipad with details of gmail acct and mail will display on ipad.

this is how wife does it.

on my phone there is also a 'mail' button (as well as the 'gmail' one as used above. mail accts other than gmail can be collected on this button if appropriate loging details are provided.

not sure if ipad has this option.

Blimey! you think :-D

I have agmail account..will get son on it! due back from Uni for weekend

Is that really the only way? Using a Google free service to work around an inadequate facility on an iPad? Really?

What is the root problem? I have set up many standard email accounts on iOS and not had issues. Is it an Orange thing or iOS?

Guest JudgeMental
sean.clarke - 2013-01-25 7:09 PM

galaxy super amolied screen (or something!) rated in any reviews I have seen as better then Ipad. its got no connectivity...zilch..I just find it frustrating not being able to download stuff to watch or get email on a £500 + tablet! *-)

Set up a gmail acct.

on my phone there is also a 'mail' button (as well as the 'gmail' one as used above. mail accts other than gmail can be collected on this button if appropriate loging details are provided.

Is that really the only way? Using a Google free service to work around an inadequate facility on an iPad? Really?

What is the root problem? I have set up many standard email accounts on iOS and not had issues. Is it an Orange thing or iOS?

if you google this issue there does not seem to be a fix....there are many hacked of people!

sean.clarke - 2013-01-25 7:03 PM

Having brought an Andriod tablet very disappointed with it, waiting for an upgrade to the ipad mini with Retina screen then we might buy a brace of them.

That's a bit unfair Lenny, don't take this the wrong way, but how can you compare a cheap tablet to an iPad mini?

I like cars, I bought a Lada and was disappointed, waiting for an upgrade to the Mercedes A class.

You get some that prefer Apple, some that prefer Android, but you must compare like for like, or maybe I misread your comment, if so sorry.

For others, unless you know exactly what you are doing and have a good understanding of what you want from a tablet my advice is avoid the cheap options. iPads are great, but you don't get a cheap one, if you want to compare and chose what's best for you look at something like Nexus 7 vs iPad Mini or Samsung Galaxy 10.1/Nexus 10 vs iPad 2/3/4.

I wasn't comparing them just stating what I found out the hard way, the poor wifi was due to it being a cheap tablet, I use an Android phone and think it's great but for me it just doesn't work on a tablet also the ipad mini came out a week too late for our trip and knowing we would probably get an ipad didn't want to spend too much on a tablet and the Gotab had good reviews. Having now played with a mini the extra 0.8" on the screen size makes a vast difference in use and it still fits in SWMBO handbag (got some funny looks in the shop trying it).

Set up a gmail acct.

FYI, the reason we ended up with this approach was due to the wifes vast amount of daily email traffic (ardent 'comper') and the poor spam filter in the Orange set up. So we decided to have a gmail acct (where the Spam filter is far superior) and allow it to seive out what the Orange acct missed.

On this desktop, it is only the gmail acct that is lnked to the Outlook Express client in a similar way to that which i described above.

If it weren't for the 'spam filter' issue I'm sure I could have got the ipad (or, indeed my Android phone) to collect Orange mail directly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived