Buying a s/H motorhome

naughtynick

We have owned a 1995 Compass Drifter 410 Merit for the last six years and have been more than satisfied with apart from the last year it has cost us quite a bit to maintain , not only the habitation but the engine.

With it's rear lounge it is ideal for our needs , but there comes a time when a change is on the cards.

With this in mind , my wife and I spotted a 2004 Lunar Champ 520 in MMM magazine advertised by Chelston in Somerset. After a trip down there and a thorough examination , we decided to go ahead with the purchase pointing out some ' niggly ' things that need sorting ( mainly cosmetic ) With three year warranties on the engine,habitation and three years MOT costs , plus a two night stay at a site nearby to get

used to it and point out any problems we encounter , we thought all in all , this was an excellent deal.

I've read various reports on the Lunar Champ 520 , does anyone on here 1: Own one or 2: had any experience of one -

Thanks

Hi, yeah the 520 champ aint a bad van, you actually get quite alot of van for the money, just keep an eye on the plastic pods around the luton, they get quite exposed to sunlight and then start to crack up, however these are just pods and designed for styling only, they wont allow water to ingress.

Were did you get it from?

Hi, yeah the 520 champ aint a bad van, you actually get quite alot of van for the money, just keep an eye on the plastic pods around the luton, they get quite exposed to sunlight and then start to crack up, however these are just pods and designed for styling only, they wont allow water to ingress.

challenger1234 - 2013-01-21 7:25 AM

........my wife and I spotted a 2004 Lunar Champ 520 in MMM magazine advertised by Chelston in Somerset.........

Chelston's is a MH dealer in Chelston ;-) nr Wellington in Somerset.

Archived